MEC is more than a store, and we’re more than a place to buy hats and backpacks. We’re physical and digital hubs for the outdoor community. People connect here, through our stores, online channels, over the phone, or through one of our leading events, clinics or services.
MEC is an equal opportunity employer. We’re proud to work with our people to create a diverse workplace, which accommodates individuals of all abilities, backgrounds and identities. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Tell us what you need during the hiring process, and we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
If you like working with an inclusive, hands-on, collaborative team, who connect people with quality products to encourage active outdoor lives, then this is the team for you. MEC is an awesome place if you’re always learning and trying new things, like bouldering, yoga or trail running!
You bring industry experience and acumen to the table along with an open curiosity, a pro-active and problem-solving attitude to drive optimization and results. Accustomed to negotiating with and influencing others, you’re a skilled communicator with a high degree of integrity and demonstrated leadership. Others view you as a go to partner and collaborator, and have the analytics to back it all up.
- 6-9 years related experience in sourcing, supply chain, operations management.
- University Degree in a related discipline i.e. Supply Chain Management, Business Management, International Business, etc.
- Adept in gathering & analyzing data and detail to identify opportunities, improvements, cost savings, risks.
- Proven ability to manage multiple stakeholder requirements and inputs, and work effectively leading and influencing cross functional teams.
- Comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing. Experience in outdoor apparel and products as well as retail complexities preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership in strategic thinking, program creation and development, change management, negotiation and facilitation, analytical and planning skills, effective decision making, systems thinking, customer-vendor relations.
- Working knowledge of financial principles and analysis, budgeting, forecasting and projections.
- Proficiency with PLM and ERP systems a plus.
- Familiarity with legislation and compliance a plus.
- High level of integrity, self-motivation, results oriented.
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written.
- Effective time and project management, and organization skills.
- Lead an active lifestyle.
- Regular international travel required.
As the MEC label grows we’ll need you to champion analytics, reporting, and negotiations. Cross functional alignment will be key to your success and coordinating an array of variables to reach business solutions motivates you. Managing lots of information and improving data governance and analytics will drive your strategic costing objectives.
Leveraging internal and supply chain opportunities to the benefit the business will be your MO. Diving into costing BOMs and administering cost data is done with aplomb while elevating tools and process is top of mind. You enjoy partnering with others, informing and aligning with other teams, and never lose sight of the bigger picture.
- Lead and influence projects to drive business improvement and change.
- Manage costing data and PLM database, support costing exercises and regular reporting activity.
- Perform costing analytics to understand, analyze, and negotiate aspects of cost components.
- Support seasonal costing efforts including cost and margin analysis and reporting.
- Constantly review the business, process, teams, and tools, driving and informing continuous improvement priorities.
- Lead vendor negotiations regarding seasonal program placements, timelines, costs, and volume.
- Negotiate and manage new and onward business relationships and performance with suppliers.
- Continually analyze the external market: emerging trends, challenges, issues, competition.
- Support an evolving comprehensive strategic function and approach to sourcing of the MEC Label.
What Great Looks Like
Sourcing has driven processes and calendar discipline, adding value to the commercialization process through analytics and clear direction to B&D teams and product. We see improvements in cost, margin, lead times and buy behavior seasonally and have aligned teams in strategy and plan. Vendor relationships continue to thrive and opportunities in partnership with the source base are being leveraged. Cross functionals are well informed of strategy and seasonal commercialization data. In collaboration with the Sourcing Manager, we have ensured that our team is coordinated and highly effective go-to partners for the MEC label.