Freedom Mobile is transforming the Canadian wireless industry by ushering in a new generation of mobile plans that are unmatched by any competitor. We are rapidly increasing our subscriber count and need talented professionals to help drive our vision at becoming the best in class mobile operator in the country! Be a part of something truly special and experience why Freedom Mobile, a subsidiary of Shaw Communications Inc., is the fastest growing telecom company in Canada!
We believe an inclusive workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and our different perspectives create better solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: Store Manager
Our team of Retail Specialists help drive retail sales by offering best-in-class mobile plans to our customers. If you like to talk tech and engage directly with consumers then a spot on our team could be for you!
Want to expand your career without limits? See what we have to offer!
• Team-oriented environment
• Competitive compensation and benefits.
• Performance-based bonuses
• Paid training program
• Group benefits plan
• Promote-from-within policy
• Recognition program
• Employee phone program
We are currently recruiting for a Retail Store Manager to join one of our locations on a full time basis. Our successful candidate will create and support a positive team environment that builds morale and encourages top performance while maximizing store performance across all metrics through efficient supervision, goal setting and great customer service.
A Day in the Life
• Be a natural leader and empower others to succeed in their job while fostering a culture conducive to teamwork, continuous learning and growth and development
• Passionate in sharing the latest wireless technologies and motivated to provide creative solutions
• Provide frequent coaching and mentoring to ensure the success of each employee and the team
• Motivate your employees to perform to the best of their abilities in creative and engaging ways
• Oversee store operations and ensure a safe working environment while complying with Freedom’s policies, procedures and best practices
• Recruit, retain and develop a high performing sales and service workforce
• Set clear objectives, give direction and take corrective action as part of effective performance management
• Build customer relationships by providing exceptional sales and service throughout the entire customer lifecycle
• Responsible for resolving all customer issues, with an ability to take swift and appropriate action in order to retain customers
• Act as a liaison across all departments within FREEDOM in order to resolve employee and/or customer issues
Skills and Competencies
• SETTING PERFORMANCE DIRECTION: Translating broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and concrete individual goals, aligning appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action.
• MOTIVATING OTHERS: Creating a team environment where everyone wants to do their best and deliver results
• DELEGATING: Broadly sharing responsibility and accountability of both routine and important tasks and decisions. Let direct reports finish their own work.
• DEVELOPING AND COACHING OTHERS: Having awareness of each person’s career goals; hold development discussions; and provide challenging tasks and assignments to promote development
• HOLDING PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE: Monitoring progress and results; give feedback effectively and make tough decisions when appropriate.
• Minimum 2-3 years of progressive retail experience in a management role
• Previous experience in the wireless industry is preferred
• Post-secondary diploma/degree an asset
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
Freedom Mobile is a subsidiary of Shaw Communications Inc.