The South Coast British Columbia Transportation Authority (TransLink) is one of Canada’s most innovative transportation authorities, founded in 1999 to plan and manage transportation within Metro Vancouver. We’ve achieved success not only in improving the transportation network of the region, but helping maintain the enviable lifestyle of residents and the viability of local businesses. TransLink and our family of companies (Coast Mountain Bus Company, B.C. Rapid Transit Company and Transit Police) are proud to be one of BC’s Top Employers.
Provides project management support for Strategic Sourcing projects within the TransLink Strategic Sourcing and Contract Management department.
– Plans and develops projects including: assisting in defining and determining goals, objectives, work packages, schedules, and risks related to the proposed project; identifying technical resources and seeking assistance or information as needed; assisting in determining the need for external resources; assisting in developing, planning, and monitoring budgets; coordinating administrative activities to facilitate project funding; coordinating project evaluations; assisting in identifying success measurement standards for each project and/or phase.
– Plans, coordinates, and attends project-related meetings; records minutes of meetings; makes recommendations to assist projects’ adherence to goals, objectives, and deadlines; develops and prepares procurement specifications; organizes and tracks product delivery, warranty, and installation in accordance with project milestones; recommends solutions to address budget, scheduling, technology, methodology, and other issues based on Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) processes; develops status reports; provides input to departmental procedures, processes, and policies.
– Monitors and maintains project plans, tracking lists, and other project related documents and data; participates in the development, monitoring, and administration of project budgets, including invoice approval within defined authority levels and reconciliation of monthly variance reports.
– Prepares a variety of project related reports, analyses, project management forms and tools, written procedures correspondence and presentations; researches information and summarizes statistical and other findings obtained from surveys and studies. Assists with department technical activities and reporting.
– Develops and utilizes expert knowledge with the Sourcing to Contract solution, and provides support to various stakeholders including multiple department users towards their configuration adjustments.
– Provides support on process re-engineering and policies development for the Strategic Sourcing department and assists in ensuring that the policies and processes are implemented accurately and are adhered to appropriately.
Education and Experience
The requirement for this role are acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Business or related discipline, including coursework in Project Management plus four years of related experience which may include business solution consulting.
– Advanced knowledge of project management processes.
– Solid knowledge of financial analysis and budgeting with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
– Advanced organizational and time management skills.
– Solid oral and written communications skills with good interpersonal skills.
– Solid knowledge of standard office tools including work processing and spreadsheet software, project management software and database applications.
– Strong working knowledge in Supply Chain Management processes & procedures.
– Exposure to ERP or Source-to-Contract systems (SAP Ariba) will be considered an asset.
Recruitment Process: An applicant will be required to demonstrate their suitability for this position by meeting the minimum level of qualifications and experience in order to be invited into the selection process. A standard interview format will be used including general, scenario and behavioural descriptive interview questions.
37.5 hours per week.
Rate of Pay
Salary: $65,902 to $82,377 per annum ($33.68 to $42.10 per hour)
- Compensation $65,902 to $82,377 per annum ($33.68 to $42.10 per hour)