The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
The R.C.M.P. Division seeks Custodial Guards to supplement their casual on-call pool. This is an on-call position, with shifts scheduled as and when required. The Custodial Guard is responsible for a variety of functions related to the safety, security and monitoring of prisoners at the detachment. This work also involves storing prisoner’s personal effects; recording activities; completing routine reports; provision of meals; routine cleaning of cells and the guard room area, and other duties as required.
Necessary skills and qualifications include:
- Preference will be giving to applicants with current RCMP enhanced reliability clearance
- Completion of Grade 12, and preferably a minimum of six months’ experience working in a related environment
- Must possess an Occupational First Aid Level 1 certificate
- Sound knowledge of the policies, practices, and procedures involved in the guarding of prisoners;
- Ability to maintain alertness in a confined area housing prisoner cells;
- Ability to maintain diplomacy in maintaining oversight of prisoners; in emergency situations, ability to act quickly, properly, and calmly;
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to carry out written and oral instructions;
- Ability to complete and maintain records and reports related to the work;
- Must have a reasonable level of availability to be on call seven days a week, during the day and evenings on short notice.
The hourly wage range of this unionized position is $23.44 to $27.45 (2019 rates) with 11% in lieu of benefits. If your experience and education have prepared you for success in this role and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, we invite you to apply. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a copy of your current first aid certificate. Note only complete applications will be considered.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Thank you for your interest. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
- CAD Month
- Address 15322 Buena Vista Avenue White Rock, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery