Court Services Liaison
Regular Full-Time, 35 hours per week
The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
The Human Resources Department, R.C.M.P. Support Services Division, seeks an individual with a positive attitude with outstanding work ethics and a safety-first attitude to join their team. The Court Services Liaison is responsible for specialized work in the R.C.M.P. Detachment requiring considerable knowledge and experience of department procedures and evidentiary and reporting requirements for criminal investigations.
The successful candidate in this position is responsible for reading and assessing occurrence files for conformance with evidentiary requirements and for ensuring that Crown Reports are complete, accurate, and free of technical errors. The work also includes responsibility for liaising with Federal and Provincial Crown Counsels and for providing advice and direction to R.C.M.P. members and other staff with respect to investigational policies, procedures, legal requirements and required report amendments.
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by supplemented by internal and external operational and legal courses related to the work plus considerable related experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Considerable independence of judgment within departmental regulations, policies and procedures and within applicable laws and legal practices.
- Considerable knowledge and experience with evidentiary requirements of the Criminal Code of Canada and applicable Federal and Provincial statutes and Municipal by-laws as related to the work performed.
- Considerable knowledge of the criminal justice system and court procedures.
- Considerable knowledge and experience with methods, practices and procedures used in operating P.R.I.M.E., JUSTIN systems and the U.C.R. code system applicable to the Criminal Code of Canada and other applicable Federal and Provincial Statutes enforced by the R.C.M.P.
- Sound knowledge and experience with the digital informational systems used in the department.
- Sound Knowledge and experience using programs such as, but not limited to Microsoft Office, Adobe and cloud-based sharing platforms.
- Ability and experience with reviewing and assessing related reports for clarity, accuracy, conformance with investigatory procedures, evidentiary and legislative requirements.
- Ability and experience providing direction to R.C.M.P members regarding proper documentation, policy directives and procedures and to conduct training and information sessions.
- Ability and experience with reading and understanding occurrence files and experience with performing U.C.R. scoring.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts and to communicate tactfully and effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to prepare and maintain records, reports, and statistics related to the work.
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbal and written, and demonstrate excellent listening skills and maintains a positive attitude;
- Ability to deal tactfully with the public, coworkers, management and R.C.M.P members in a courteous, professional and effective manner;
- Ability to work cooperatively and amicably in a team environment with a safety-first attitude;
- Possess and maintain a valid Class 5 BC driver’s license;
- Applicants must have a valid R.C.M.P Enhanced Clearance (HRMIS).
The annual salary of this unionized position is $56,576 – $66,566 (2019 rates) with comprehensive benefits offered. If your experience and education have prepared you for success in this role and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, we invite you to apply. Please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration by the application deadline.
Application Deadline: Sunday March 7, 2021 by 11:59 PM
Submit your application: Apply online at Click Here
Recruitment Reference: 2021-11
- Address 15322 Buena Vista Avenue White Rock, BC, Canada