Organization: Arts Club Theatre Company
Deadline: Feb. 21, 2020
Arts Club Theatre Company
Feb. 21, 2020
The Arts Club Theatre Company is Canada’s largest not-for-profit urban theatre company. Now in its 56th season, the Arts Club offers professional live theatre at three venues, as well as on tour throughout the province.
Reporting to the Pre-Production Manager during pre-productions and the Technical Directors during venue installations, the successful candidate will have a broad knowledge theatrical procedures, tools and productions as it relates to the work.
This Part-Time Regular position falls within the IATSE, Local 118 bargaining unit.
• Set construction in scene shop
• Assist with set fit up and tear down in the production shop
• Supervise and assist with fit up and strike in different Arts Club venues and attend to notes
• Supervise and assist with truck loading/ unloading
• Advise and assist with on-going stage & scenery maintenance
• Work as part of a running crew as required
• Minimum of two (2) years’ experience working as a Stage Technician
• Valid BC Drivers License with experience driving and packing a 5-ton truck
• Thorough knowledge of all aspects of scenic construction
• Working knowledge of counter weighted fly systems, set up, rigging and strike of scenery
• Knowledge of theatrical stage lighting including hang, focus, and maintenance is considered an asset.
• Candidates with valid Supervisor Safety, WHIMIS, First Aid, LPEC, Pyrotechnic and/or Firearms certificate(s) are desired.
• Ability to read and understand designer blue prints (e.g. floor plans, elevations, lighting plots)
• Ability to establish priorities, report on projects and meet required deadlines
• Ability to take direction and working und under set-time constraints
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently while unsupervised or with minimal supervision
• Ability to remain calm in a stressful and deadline driven environment
• Ability to work at heights and climb ladders
• Ability to accept constructive criticism
• Strong organization and problem solving skills
• Strong work ethic, positive attitude and self-confident
• Proven ability to operate and maintain motorized stage equipment and scenery
• Proven ability to supervise, train and support assigned unionized staff
Candidates must be able to safely and repeatedly lift, push or maneuver heavy loads, either alone or with the assistance from others.
How to Apply:
To Apply: Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
27.00 per hour
Contact Name: Lacey Schumann
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (604) 687-5315
- Address 938 Howe Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery