Iredale Architecture is seeking a full-time Accounting Clerk to join our collaborative team in Vancouver. The Clerk will work three to five days a week under the supervision of the Partners and Firm Accountant. She/he will be proactive, organized, detail-oriented and professional, and will be comfortable working both independently and with a team. Experience in an architectural, engineering or construction firm is not required but would be a definite asset.
The Clerk’s responsibilities will primarily consist of the following:
- Handling Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Preparing purchase orders for supplier contracts, matching purchase orders and confirming pricing to supplier invoices.
- Creating and maintaining supplier files.
- Performing follow-up phone calls and or reminders on delinquent accounts.
- Posting and reconciling credit card and staff expense reporting.
- Communicating with suppliers and reconciling supplier’s statements with our records.
- Maintaining excel summary reports.
- Performing routine, standardized clerical work, including but not limited to, file maintenance, fielding employee queries and managing correspondence.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a bookkeeping/accounting role for a professional office.
- Post-secondary education in Accounting or Finance, with entry-level A/P and A/R training.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Sage or Quickbooks, and Microsoft Office including Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong ability to work in a time sensitive, multi-project environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective working relationships with Clients, and respond effectively to Client requests and suggestions.
If this description fits you, we invite you to submit your PDF resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday, June 7th. Ensure your email subject includes “Accounting Clerk – [Your Name]”
While we thank you for your interest, only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Address 12 Water Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada