Come work as an Addiction Nurse with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH!)
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Psychiatric Nurse OR Registered Nurse to join the Vancouver Detox team as an Addiction Nurse. Apply today to join our team!
As an Addiction Nurse with Vancouver Detox you will:
- Provide, screening and assessment, direct nursing care, education and counseling to clients presenting with substance use disorders and related problems at Vancouver Detox
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team members, educational resources and other health care professionals/providers to achieve excellence in client-centred care and education.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver’s North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and “going first” when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Valid Driver’s License to operate a vehicle within BC. Local area travel may require the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client/family-centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of BCCNM Standards for Nursing Practice for Registered Nurses or Registered Psychiatric Nurses.
- Broad knowledge of chemical dependency and a positive attitude toward chemically dependent clients and their rehabilitation.
- Broad knowledge of behavior management and ability to utilize non-violent crisis intervention strategies.
- Broad knowledge of facilitation, mediation, and conflict resolution techniques, and demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated case management, teaching/training, clinical support and consultation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, work independently, and use a cooperative approach to program delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to carry out the physical demands of the job.
- Basic computer literacy.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
|Job Title:||Addiction Nurse (RPN/RN)|
|Work Site:||Vancouver Detox, Harbour Light Detox – Vancouver, BC|
|Status:||Temporary Full Time|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible until approximately September 2021|
|Salary:||$35.53 – $46.65 per hour|
Days off: Rotating
- Compensation $35.53 - $46.65 per hour CAD $35.53 - $46.65 per hour Month
- Address 119 E Cordova St, Vancouver, British Columbia V6A, Canada