|City:||Vancouver, BC, Canada|
|Location:||Vancouver H/O – Canfor/CWPM_1000 (BC13)|
Canfor’s strength comes from the diversity of our skilled and resilient workforce. As our company continues to grow and diversify, so do our career opportunities. Let us take this opportunity to tell you how you could be the best fit for Canfor.
The Billing Administrator will be part of the Global Finance Shared Services, specifically the Billing team, a dynamic team with a strong focus on process improvement to drive the efficiency in the billing processes.
This role is a good fit for someone who is highly organized, detail oriented, and able to multi-task and prioritize the tasks with sound judgement, looking to gain experience in billing while having the opportunity to grow within Canfor.
The Billing Administrator is primarily responsible for managing export document requirements for domestic and international shipments, full-cycle billing for sales from Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI), and invoice adjustments as a result of discrepancies and claims.
- Prepare and ensure export documents are accurate and in compliance with customs rules and regulations, and in accordance to the terms of the sales agreement that includes: Bills of Lading instructions, Commercial Invoices, various certificates for technical data, Banking information and other relevant documents
- Manage communications with various functional groups to ensure adherence to company policies and procedures in processing export transactions
- Collaborate with various departments and obtain certification documents as required and ensure compliant to applicable export policies
- Manage full-cycle billing for weekly sales from Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI), ensure prices and quantities are accurate and inventories are reconciled
- Troubleshoot VMI inventories discrepancies and process inventory adjustments accordingly
- Review the requests to ensure adherence to company policies and procedures, and process Invoice Adjustments for external sales, stock transfers and claims
- Expedite rush requests and ensure stock updates are processed accordingly; modify the receipts for transfer orders as required
Education & Experience
- Diploma of International Trade, Transportation and Logistics is highly desired
- Minimum of two years of commercial trade experience is required
- Proficient with MS Excel and other MS Office applications
- Experience working with ERP systems
- Knowledge of international trade, freight forwarding, and letter of credit is considered an asset
Skills & Competencies
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy of each document.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Well-developed organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to handle fluctuating workload productively and meet tight deadlines
Our Talent Acquisition Team is actively recruiting on this position and to be considered, please apply today!
At Canfor, diversity means understanding, recognizing and valuing the differences that make each person unique. We see inclusion and diversity as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, innovation and competitive advantage. We strive for a fair and equitable recruitment process, where hiring decisions are based on the individual qualifications and experience of each applicant.
We are not your run of the mill forest products company, join us and find out why. #canfortalent
The city of Vancouver is both a natural beauty and a progressive urban centre, a rare place on earth that is idyllic and electric all at once. With one of Canada’s mildest climates, Vancouver is ideally suited for those devoted to outdoor pursuits, health and wellness. Along with its endless supply of fresh air and clean water, Vancouver also boasts countless choices for culturally diverse, world-class cuisine and an inventory of arts and entertainment events. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/vancouver
- Address 100 -1700 W 75th Ave, Vancouver, BC, Canada