Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch 30 million of Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
We are looking for a Part Time Anchor/Reporter!
Are you a budding storyteller, brimming with news ideas, and nowhere to put them? Does the idea of a fast-paced, 24/7, multi-platform newsroom seem like your ideal environment? Are you a performer who gets a rush every-time that mic goes live? Then NEWS 1130 wants you to join our on-air team!
What you will do…
- Collaborate with our talented team of journalists to find the most compelling stories
- Find ways to tell those stories effectively on multiple platforms, with a special emphasis on audio storytelling and writing
- Contribute original story ideas which leads to riveting content that you produce yourself
- Support your teammates by helping with all areas of the editorial process, from pitch to publish
- Deliver stories which will stand out from the competition
- Focus on telling stories on audio formats, while also contributing to digital and TV programming
What you will bring…
- A passion for storytelling – you know what makes a great story and know how to tell it
- A developed sense of what kinds of stories Vancouver wants and needs to hear, with attention to our diverse communities
- Curiosity and a desire to push beyond the surface of news stories, and challenge the status quo
- A natural curiosity and drive to win
- A digital-first mindset
- An understanding of the challenges facing journalism today
- An understanding of the needs of a 21st century, multi-platform newsroom
- A willingness to put the team first, and an ability to work in service of a larger goal
- News moves fast! You must be able to multi-task and deliver for multiple, daily online and broadcast deadlines
- Because news never stops – a willingness to work weekends, evenings and overnights
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A newsroom environment where you will be heard and supported, and where you can bring your whole self to work
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Access to all the gear you need to do your job
- Address a