Do you have a passion for kids education, technology and are you up for managing a young and fast-growing company in Vancouver? We are looking for someone who is positive and attentive with an entrepreneurial mindset! Someone who is looking for a career that is challenging and varies every day, and gets excited about rolling up their sleeves and problem solving!
Under the GUI is a computer programming school for children from 7 years old, all the way to late teens. “GUI” stands for graphical user interface, or the “graphics”. By getting “under” the interface, we learn about the processes that control it. We provide a rich and engaging environment that inspires children and teens to innovate, think critically, and create with technologies on the fringe of our hi-tech culture. With 7 schools in Vancouver now, and many more abroad, we are on the forefront of STEM education for kids. We believe that children and teens love to learn, that learning can be fun, and that coding is the future!
As the Assistant Manager of Education, you will be responsible for the management of all our schools within the lower mainland. Our ideal Assistant Manager is someone who is self-motivated, can bring leadership to the team, and has a love for kids’ education. The Assistant Manager will work closely with the CEO to direct our schools, our principals and regional manager, communicate with our franchises, and help our company grow to the next level. Although we have many schools, our management team is small, so you will be working in a close-knit team, where you will be given a lot of freedom and responsibility. A typical day does not exist, and can range from developing engineering projects for our summer camps, to managing our marketing team, to discussing strategy with our franchises!
This position requires flexibility; our Assistant Manager is expected to supervise and work with employees at our schools in Vancouver, and should be able to occasionally visit the schools on the weekends to connect with the staff, principals, parents and franchises.
We are looking for someone who has an entrepreneurial mindset, is excited about our schools, does not mind taking various responsibility and has a knack for problem solving!
Key duties include:
Management of schools
- You will be responsible for communication with all schools (including franchises), and supporting them as required
- After you have familiarized yourself with our schools and programs, you will be responsible for supporting new franchises to setup and provide ongoing support as it grows
- Support principals to ensure a smooth operation of both regular terms and summer camps
- Work with our existing systems and guidelines, and is expected to improvise and build upon these guidelines as the company grows
Hiring & Training
- You will be largely involved in hiring and training staff alongside the CEO
- Full training will be provided in the first few weeks of your start date
Marketing & Promotion
Assist and work with our marketing agency to promote our programs, and come up with new strategies to promote our programs, such as organizing hackathons or workshops
- At least 2 years of management experience in an education company
- At least 2 years of experience teaching/tutoring kids
- Proven ability to handle a fast-paced, high-responsibility job with varying degrees of problem solving
- A degree in a related field (education, management, or engineering) is a plus
- Experience with engineering/tech is a plus
- Hit the ground running personality who doesn’t need to be micro-managed
Job Type: Full-time / 2 year contract. Salary based on skills and experience.
Start Date: ASAP; until position is filled
Opportunity to grow within the company! The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to become a Manager of Education. If this is you, apply today!
Thank you for your interest in this position. Please apply with your resume and cover letter to Milly at email@example.com.
- Compensation based on skills and experience; up to 70k annual $ based on skills and experience; up to 70k annual Month
- Address Vancouver, BC V5Y 1P4, Canada
- This job has expired!