Requisition ID: 95846
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
In this key leadership role, you will assume responsibility for the overall success of the branch by working to meet financial objectives related to the profitable growth and retention of the branch’s personal and business portfolio. You will be accountable for the achievement of objectives related to customer service, human resource management and operational effectiveness with a focus on consistently delivering a superior customer experience. Responsible for ensuring a high level of employee engagement and capability, you will provide direction to branch team members in a manner consistent with the overall strategy of developing a customer-focused sales culture. To achieve success, you will embed and sustain a variety of fundamental management activities within the branch while selling customized financial solutions that employ a financial planning approach which meets both customer needs as well as overall business objectives.
- Lead and develop the team to build and strengthen existing and new customer relationships by providing financial advice to both personal and business customers;
- Continuously develop employee skills and knowledge through focused coaching to ensure the provision of excellent customer service;
- Protect the bank, the customer and shareholder interest by managing and minimizing the bank’s exposure to risk by ensuring compliance with regulatory activities and guidelines;
- Ensure the achievement of branch objectives through the negotiation, establishment and monitoring of goals;
- Oversee the implementation of established bank policies, practices, special initiatives and procedures;
- Experience in both personal and small business banking;
- Experience managing people;
- Excellent coaching skills with successful experience developing and mentoring a team of employees and assisting them with their career progression;
- Experience managing a team to achieve successful results;
- Ability to effectively assess local market conditions;
- Proven ability to source and obtain new business through relationship building success in attaining individual results and goals;
Education and Accreditations:
- Licensed to sell Mutual Funds;
- Able to satisfy the education requirements needed to assume the role of Branch Compliance Officer;
- Willing and able to obtain a Personal Financial Planning designation;
- University degree, college diploma or related experience.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Victoria
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.