Req Id: 262355
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they’re the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you’re excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
If you’re excited about transforming the way people connect and work, our Network team is the right place for you.
At Bell, we do more than build world-class broadband fibre and 5G wireless networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a diverse community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Who we are:
Today is the era of innovation. Our Network team designs and builds smart connected homes and cities, delivering creative software solutions, connecting Canadians with each other.
Every day is an opportunity for you to have fun working with cutting-edge technologies, collaborate with amazing team members developing new services and most importantly, continuously learn and grow.
That’s just the beginning.
We’re looking for the next generation of talent that will lead and be part of that experience. Sound exciting? Then come join our team!
If you are passionate about…
- Community. Collaborating with developers and industry experts in an exciting agile environment.
- Technology. Looking for the next best solution before it even exists.
- Development. Making the impossible, possible.
- Delivery. Best services and innovative solution for our customers.
…And you recognize yourself in this group of skills (or can teach us something new)
- A post-secondary education (university degree/college diploma)in telecommunications, electrical engineering, computer science or related field (however, if you believe you are up for the challenge with a different degree, you are welcome to apply);
- You have a desire to applying your knowledge in one or a few of the following fields:
- Radio communications and/or wireless systems (if you have experience with coverage prediction tools like Planet or Actix that’s a bonus!);
- SONET, Ethernet, IP/MPLS network, application layer protocols, data & network virtualization (SDN/NFV) and data analytics technologies;
- Network OSI Model, application layer protocols and how they work (DNS, RADIUS, LDAP, etc.) & Ethernet knowledge (MEF, IETF 802.1x)
- Internetworking knowledge (TCP/IP, subnets, routing protocols and principles)
- You like to visualize things on a map and have the GIS skills to do so (MapInfo, QGIS, GeoPandas etc.);
- You are tech savvy and have a desire to keep up to date with the latest technology
- You are data driven, and are able to quickly analyze, process and visualize complex data to drive intelligent decision making based on facts in a dynamic environment.
- You can focus in on individual tasks, but can also take a step back see the larger picture and understand how things work together at a system level
- Your enthusiasm about scripting (Ruby or Python or shell script or Chef or C# or .NET, etc) and desire to learn machine learning reaches new levels;
- Awareness of agile principles
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills are a given;
- Ability to challenge the status quo, take initiative, strong problem solving skills, life learner
- Last but not least, you have leadership. Think fast, learn faster, lead us further!
…then, you’re the perfect fit for our team! We want to get to know you.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
Application Deadline: 09/30/2020
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, BC, Vancouver
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
- CAD Month
- Image Gallery