Who we are…
The Pacific National Exhibition is an iconic institution in BC, famous for bringing generations of people together to celebrate and build memories. This 108 year old, non-profit organization has an annual operating budget of $48 million dollars and generates revenue through four activity streams: the 15 day annual summer Fair which averages 800,000 guests each year, Playland amusement park which welcomes 375,000 guests annually including Fright Nights, year-round events including concerts, trade shows and film, cultural and community events. The fourth activity stream is park care and facility maintenance. The PNE is proud of the work it does at Hastings Park and has a vibrant team that is passionate about events, guest experience and being the best we can be.
We are looking for a talented individual to join our PNE Gaming Team and play a key role in promoting and marketing the lottery and the Fair at the PNE. The PNE Prize Home Lottery is the oldest charity lottery in BC. The PNE Prize Home Lottery Brand Ambassador visits shopping centres throughout Metro Vancouver to relay key messages about the PNE Prize Home Lottery, giving guests the opportunity to review the prize package, ask questions and purchase tickets on location.
Why join our Team?
- Exhilarating and fun-loving culture
- Flexible work environment
- Health and wellness employee events – put your hiking boots on, or enjoy an evening out with your favorite colleagues
- Opportunity for free or discounted tickets to shows, events, sports games, and much more
- Staff discounts for Playland, The Fair, and Fright Nights, as well as all PNE Food Stands
- On-site fitness center
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to create lasting memories and friendships!
What will you do this year?
In your role as a PNE Prize Home Brand Ambassador, your primary accountabilities will be to:
- Sell Prize Home Lottery tickets and provide information on the Prize Home Lottery at off-site locations such as Malls, centres, and outdoor community events, as well as on the PNE Site
- Work with the Assistant Manager, Gaming and other staff on all matters pertaining to the sale of tickets by vendors and to accurately account for sale of tickets and cash
- Oversee cash and product; and balance cash to the amount of product sold
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Successful completion of Grade 12
- Must be at least 19 years of age by May 15th, 2019
- Must have a vehicle to transfer the lottery display, ticket box and tickets to and from the mall
- Minimum of 1-2 years of customer service experience
- Previous cash handling and balancing experience
- Previous experience with promotions, sales or as a Sales Representative is an asset
- Able to commute to various mall locations and the P.N.E. site
- Proficiency in a second language is an asset
- Able to work independently, standing at an assigned mall/shopping centre booth
- Provide exceptional and friendly guest service
- Able to work with little supervision
- Must be self-motivated and have an outgoing attitude that will encourage guests to purchase lottery tickets
- Ensure that P.N.E. dress code is adhered to at all times
- Available on a part-time basis, including days, evenings and weekends (25hrs+/week) until September 2nd, 2019
- Candidates must undergo a Criminal Record Check
Who are you?
- Skillful communicator
- Compensation $15.41/hour; plus 10% in lieu of benefits and vacation $ $15.41/hour; plus 10% in lieu of benefits and vacation Month
- Address 2901 East Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- This job has expired!