Come help us shape the future of the best voice controlled computer in the cloud. Alexa and Echo are shaping the future of voice recognition and cloud-based content/services. Alexa is the name of the Amazon cloud-based voice service and the brain that powers Echo, the award-winning and groundbreaking Amazon device designed around your voice. Echo connects to Alexa, to provide information, answer questions, play music, read the news, check sports scores or the weather, and more—instantly. It’s hands-free, and always ready. All you have to do is ask.
To achieve this, we blend of a variety of disciplines (such as NLP, data mining, machine learning, big data, semantic web, graph stores, cloud computing) in an effort to understand our customers and the things they’re excited about. To complement our complex algorithms and extensive data analyses, we create elevated and inspirational mobile and web features across the entire communication experience. We use artificial intelligence, data mining and usability studies to develop new features, and we test them through hundreds of R & D experiments a year. We are also incredibly intent on solving some of the most complex computing problems to be found in industry and academia, and we get to test our solutions in the real world every day. And most importantly, we relentlessly ask: “What haven’t we thought of yet?”
The Business Analyst will work closely with data scientists, software engineers, and product managers to build out reporting to inform key stakeholders and decision-makers. In this role, you’ll design, execute and iterate on high visibility business intelligence reporting for the teams of people that are actively building out Alexa’s capabilities. If you love working with huge data sets and delivering the insights you discover through business intelligence reporting and automated systems, then this is the job for you.
– Collect, analyze and share data to help product teams drive improvement in key business metrics and customer experience
– Propose and prioritize changes to reporting and create additional metrics and processes based on program changes and customer requirements
– Work closely with Alexa program teams to create ad-hoc reports to support timely business decisions and project work
– Identify and implement new capabilities and best practices to develop and improve automated data analysis processes
– Learn and understand a growing range of Amazon data resources and discover how, and when to use which datasets
· Bachelor’s degree in math, statistics, computer science, or finance or equivalent experience.
· 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer, BI Engineer, Business/Financial Analyst or Systems Analyst
· SQL writing experience and experience with ETL
· Redshift experience
· Expert understanding of best practices to handle extremely large volume of data
· Ability to create extensible and scalable data schema that lay the foundation for downstream analysis
· A clear passion for learning new BI skills and techniques independently and continuously
· Ability to prioritize multiple concurrent projects while still delivering timely and accurate results
· Experience working in a lean, successful start-up or on a new product team where continuous innovation is desired and ambiguity is the norm
· Experience mentoring others in SQL, modeling, forecasting and the use of large datasets
· Proficiency with scripting languages and Unix systems (Python, perl, bash, etc.)
· Experience with the following is a plus: Looker, Tableau, Microstrategy
· Experience in an internet-based company with large, complex data sources.
- Address 510 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- This job has expired!