Company: Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union
Location: British Columbia (CA-BC), Surrey
Job Type: Full-Time
Together, we help empower you to achieve what’s important in your life.
What’s the job?
The Business Banking Officer – Contact Centre (BBO- CC) is responsible for delivering a positive and unexpected customer experience through the provision of business banking help to establish and deepen member relationships through the alternative contact channels the Contact Centre offers to our members. Successful incumbents in this position will be skilled in delivering a knowledgeable and helpful telephone experience to fulfill sales and growth targets through proactively identifying distribution opportunities to contribute to the overall profitability of Coast Capital. Throughout the shift, the BBO-CC is in continuous telephone contact with current and prospective customers, and they must be well versed in basic financial services to be able to effectively and efficiently help our member’s financial well-being by addressing their unmet needs. As the Contact Centre operates on a six-day shift, 12 hours per day, (** the BBO Dept. hours are TBD **) flexibility to work shifts of varying hours is mandatory.
What you’ll get to do:
- Committed to actively supporting and participating in Corporate Community initiatives and programs.
- Industry Awareness Keep current on the various business and retail products/services offered by Coast Capital and clearly speak to the benefits.
- Provide coaching, training and mentorship to peers, encouraging and providing cross-sharing of knowledge and sharing experience amongst team members. Demonstrate diplomacy & tact when dealing with difficult situations. Modeling enthusiasm and interest in well-being of organization and its customers.
- Effective and efficient call handling and management of time that supports the achievement of the current service level agreement. Utilizes the Help process to ensure consistent call quality results and implements coaching feedback from the Quality Coach and management team to improve Help Process results (scored from: live calls, side-by-side coaching, and/or recorded calls). Self-management of monthly scheduled shifts via workforce software.
- Processing of customer requests & transactions such as but not limited to: Member Support transactions & Account Maintenance activities (e.g. Initiating the opening and closing of business accounts; Opening Term Deposits, managing maturities; ordering ABM cards; evaluating and processing business ODP (“BLOCs”) up to $10,000; processing inter-branch transactions such as deposits, withdrawals, cheques, and transfers, buying/selling foreign currencies, processing bill payments, wire transfers
- buying/selling foreign currencies, processing bill payments, wire transfers, drafts, etc.; processing Corporate affiliated credit card and Merchant Services applications; following daily established routines for sorting and filing daily work and maintaining business client files, Maintain CRM follow up lists; Respond to business member emails generated from online banking.
- Achieve sales and referral targets in a needs based sales environment through inbound and outbound telephone contact for the fulfillment and distribution of business financial needs.
- Ensure our business members have access to alternative service channels though a PAC allowing for access to On-line banking and Payroll Deposit Services (CAFT).
- Manage the relationship building process to ensure a consistent image in service delivery both externally to attract new customers and internally to retain and deepen established relationships in acquiring and retaining profitable commercial relationships, building business banking acumen and capability, support and drive meetings/presentations to heighten Commercial Banking Groups awareness
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum 1 – 3 Years of Job-Related Experience
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience with at least 1 year of job-related financial services or entrepreneurial experience, ideally including exposure to lending, commercial banking, portfolio management and/or business development.
- High School Diploma plus some additional post secondary courses.
- Completion of Diploma Program (two-years of formal education or equivalent) and/or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field is preferred and will be an asset in career progression. Alternatively, varying combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- Proficient knowledge in all relevant contact centre technology and Coast banking systems.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Must have accurate and efficient keyboarding and data entry skills.
- Up to date knowledge of product lines and services offered by Coast Capital’s Business Banking and Retail Services.
- Working knowledge of Small Business needs in order to effectively identify and refer opportunities to the Small Business and Business Banking teams
- Punctuality, Strong organizational skills, Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize able to maintain a high level of performance under the pressure of time constraints and a fast-paced, high-tech , and changing environment
- Ability to communicate well to present a professional image verbally, written, and over the phone exhibiting a good grasp of appropriate telephone etiquette skills
- Superior problem solving skills, Strong technical and analytical skills and Entrepreneurial and conceptual thinking ability
- Ability to contribute well independently and as part of high-performing team environment by working efficiently, professionally and in a friendly manner, demonstrating initiative
At Coast Capital, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re not all the same and we like it that way. We don’t just accept differences – we celebrate, support, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our members, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe, the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.