Requisition ID: 20493
Ray-Cam Co-operative Centre is a full-fledged community centre located in the heart of the Downtown Eastside/ Strathcona Community. We operate programs and services which effectively advance the opportunity and abilities of children, youth, families and seniors in our community.
To apply: email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org; subject line to read 'Childcare Hiring Committee'.
Main Purpose and Function
This position assists in implementing an enriched child care program located in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside that meets the needs of children 3 to 5 years of age. This position also provides opportunities for typical and extra support needs children to be integrated in an inclusive setting.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include assisting in planning and leading age appropriate programs for preschool children plus ensuring opportunities for extra support needs children are part of the daily curriculum. Assists in modifying activities that help with child developmend and social learning. Works with outside professionals; assists in writing individual care plans and reports. Builds and fosters positive and healthy relationships with children, families and staff.
Education & Experience:
- Completion of Early Childhood Education (ECE) Basic Level Certificate is required, with a current license.
- A Special Needs Certificate is preferred.
- Some experience with working with special needs children.
- Working in a minimum of two childcare settings preferred.
- A current and valid First Aid certificate is required.
- A current Food Safe certificate is required.
- A Police Records Check is a requirement of this position. A clearance requires the absence of any charges or convictions related to this position.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Sound knowledge of the fundamentals of community childcare programs
- Knowledge and expereince of community resources
- Previous experience writing precise individual care planning and reports
- Ability to plan and lead daycare curriculum/activities for typical and special needs children
- Experience with group dynamics and behaviour management
- Sound knowledge of community care licensing requirements
- Demonstrated ability in supporting families in crisis situation and to recommend appropriate referrals.
- Knowledge of community healthcare resources and childcare licensing requirements; philosophy and objectives of a community daycare program.
- Previous experience and documentation around child protection issues is preferred.
- Knowledge of safety practices, policies and regulations applicable to the work performed.
- Ability to liaise with relevant professionals and other groups.
- A class 4 driver’s license and second language would be an asset.
Shifts will vary between 7:30 am-6:00 pm, Monday to Friday, within two childcare centres.
To apply: email resume and cover letter to email@example.com; subject line to read ‘Childcare Hiring Committee’. Online applications will not be accepted.
Business Unit/Department: Ray-Cam Co-operative Centre
Affiliation: CUPE Local 15 Bargaining Unit (VMECW)
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Position Start Date: August 2020
Position End Date: June 2021
Salary Information: Pay Grade PG-14: $24.36 to $28.55 per hour
Application Close: August 9, 2020
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Address 453 W 12th Ave, Vancouver, BC
- Image Gallery