Improve lives. Love your job. Grow your career.
At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 382 collection centres, 16 laboratories and service over 20 million patients each year.
Caring, Agile, Customer Driven, One Team – We live our values every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers. With over 5,700 employees, we all make a difference and that’s why our people are so important to us.
This is an exciting time to join our LifeLabs team, grow your career with us and support numerous business initiatives, innovations, best practice and business development opportunities. LifeLabs is currently looking for a Collection Assistant join our team in the Lower Mainland, BC.
As a Collection Assistant you will be primarily responsible for ensuring the safe, accurate and efficient collection of customer specimens (including nasal swabs for COVID- 19 screening) primarily at external places of business. This is an important role in patient care and our business and as the successful candidate you will Act as a brand ambassador for LifeLabs by living the Company’s Vision and Values in all activities.
This is a Temporary Contract of 6 months with the possibility of extension working as a Part Time Float (working a minimum of 20 hours up to 37.5 hours per week, Monday-Sunday). This Role suitable for an individual with a flexible schedule, and those open to frequent changes from indoor to outdoor and time spent driving.
In this role you will:
- Welcomes customers upon arrival making them feel safe
- Reviews all necessary paperwork is complete and accurate and engages customer privately to verify information
- Ensures a safe, comfortable, efficient and personalized experience with specimen collection
- Prepares specimens and packages accurately for transport per assigned procedures and protocols
- Keeps work area well organized and maintains a professional work environment
- Prioritizes safety by demonstrating appropriate infection control, equipment maintenance and quality control, etc. per assigned procedures and protocols
- Ensures high quality assurance and regulatory compliance by abiding with assigned procedures and protocols
- Represents LifeLabs in a professional and positive manner
- Performs other duties as required
The right person for this role will have:
- Strong sense of initiative, accountability, and a positive “can-do” attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excels in attention to detail and meeting customer expectations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Caring, customer first, agility and teamwork are in your DNA
- Well versed with LifeLabs communications channels and stays current with any news and updates
- Thrives in dynamic work environments; embraces change when it delivers improvements and effortless experience for both the customer and employee; understands customers’ expectations evolve and we must adapt to deliver
- Enjoys caring for people, ensuring they feel valued and has the best experience possible
- Appreciates the importance of safety, privacy and security and ensures customers feel confident and safe
- A calm and measured approach to problems as they arrive with a problem-solving mind-set ensures the issues are acknowledged, addressed and followed up with
- Embraces problems with a positive can-do attitude and calm and measured approach striving to solve and continuously improve
Requirements for this role:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, including post-secondary science or medical terminology
- Successful completion of a health care related program or equivalent experience is preferred
- 2 years in a health care environment
- Must have valid Driver’s License (Class 5 in BC), clean driving record and access to a vehicle
Ready to make a difference? Apply today!
As a caring and customer driven organization, LifeLabs is committed to providing inclusive, barrier free services and workplaces. We will accommodate the accessibility needs of individuals with disabilities during the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please advise the Recruiter who contacts you and we will work with you to meet your needs.
LifeLabs has operated in Canada for more than 50 years. It is a leading provider of laboratory testing and management services, contributing to the treatment and prevention of disease by enabling healthcare providers to operate more efficiently and effectively. LifeLabs provides more than 100 million diagnostic tests for approximately 19 million patients visits annually. Information from these tests plays a vital role in predicting, diagnosing, treating and monitoring disease. LifeLabs operates the largest community medical laboratory network in Canada, together with our hospital and healthcare partners. LifeLabs also partners with healthcare providers to build a healthier Canada by transforming and managing laboratory organizations to better meet the complex healthcare challenges of today and tomorrow.