The Company Designated Person Ashore (DPA) and Marine Compliance Superintendent will be responsible to ensure the company’s marine fleet is meeting or exceeding all applicable marine regulations. This position will also include supporting the Marine Technical Superintendent in coordination of marine equipment maintenance and repairs
- As the company DPA you will be responsible to ensure FRPD is meeting all aspects of the International Maritime Organizations (IMO) International Safety Management (ISM) requirements for their ship “FRPD 309” (a trailing hopper suction dredge working the waterways of the Fraser River)
- Responsible for maintaining all ISM related documentation
- Assist the Marine Technical Superintendent with the maintenance and refits of the marine dredging fleet
- Responsible for ensuring that the FRPD fleet of vessels is compliant with the latest safety regulations, and in addition is operated according to changing environmental restrictions and regional guidelines.
- Provide annual audits of all FRPD manned vessels (including dredges) to ensure regulatory compliance
- Work with marine crews to develop marine specific operational safety procedures.
- Manage marine dredging equipment records and filing systems to improve timely and orderly retrieval of information
- Assist in directing the work of mechanical, hydraulic, electronic and electrical maintenance, repair and installations on FRPD dredging equipment
Education and Experience:
- A 4th Class Marine Engineer or individual with solid marine technical experience
- Have been in a leadership role for a minimum of five years
- Holder of a class endorsed DPA certificate
- Training and certification in Auditing
- Level 2 First Aid, or willing to obtain
- Hold a class 5 drivers’ licence (abstract meeting FRPD’s motor vehicle policy)
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Excellent organizational skills
- A solid understanding of Transport Canada, Canadian Labour Code Part II and MOSH Regulations
- Individual must have thorough understanding and experience working with Classification Societies
- General knowledge of fleet management/maintenance systems
- Experience working in a unionized environment considered an asset.
- Address 1830 River Drive
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!