Every day, our passionate employees connect our customers to the world and everything in it – it’s why we exist at Shaw, and it’s why we strive to be the place where the best people choose to work. Our people reflect the richness of our communities, and our culture is inclusive of each individual’s diverse background and perspective, which makes us a stronger team.
At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: Desktop Support Analyst
Shaw Communications Inc., the leading entertainment and communications company, has an exciting opportunity for a Desktop Support Analyst in our Vancouver office. Reporting to the Team Lead, Desktop Services, the successful candidate will be accountable for providing support our internal customers.
• Provide 2nd level user support, including troubleshooting network connection problems, computer/printer and software issues
• Identify, analyze and solve desktop problems
• Install and configure new desktop equipment
• Manage and maintain standards, procedures, and support documentation
• Maintain awareness of the latest industry trends and emerging technologies
• Manage and support continuous improvement process initiatives across all sites
• Provide support towards achieving team and departmental goals
• Follow the standard processes for incident, request fulfilment, change and others as defined
• Deployment and configuration of business software following process to ensure license compliance
• Usage of Shaw’s Service Management Tool to manage workload, recording progress and keeping customers updated on a regular basis
• Provide after-hours on call support in line with Shaw Communications Inc. on-call guidelines
• Various other duties as required
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• 4 years minimum work experience in a technical support environment or 3-4 years similar experience
• Ability to install and upgrade commercial software
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and MAC client operating systems as well as various software packages including Microsoft Office 365 and Adobe Creative Suite
• Ability to take leadership and ownership
• Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people in a professional manner, face to face, on the telephone and in writing
• Ability to plan and prioritize work load without supervision
• Ability to work independently and within a team in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
• Good attention to detail and ability to show initiative
• Experience with SCCM considered an asset
If you want to be part of something bigger—part of a dynamic team of people who are aligned, focused, and passionate about working together to care for our customers, then we look forward to meeting you! Join us.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal & credit background check.