Developer IS R24, Vancouver, Regular, Full Time
Salary: IS R24 $63,973.31 to $72,937.86 per annum PLUS 6.6% Temporary Market Adjustment (Effective April 14, 2019)
STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) is one of two branches of Government responsible for the wholesale distribution and retail sale of beverage alcohol and non-medical cannabis. In 2018/19 the LDB recorded gross sales of $3.6 billion, generating a net income of $1.104 billion that supported vital public services including health care and education. It has a workforce of approximately 4600 full- and part-time employees working across 197 BC Liquor Stores, two BC Cannabis Stores (online and stand alone), a Head Office, three Wholesale Customer Centres and three Distribution Centres. The LDB is led by a General Manager and CEO who is responsible for administering the Liquor Distribution Act and the Cannabis Distribution Act, subject to direction from the Minister. As part of BC’s mixed-model retail system for liquor and non-medical cannabis, the LDB is committed to providing customers with an enhanced shopping environment, an expansive product selection and a high level of service.
The LDB is a unique government entity that operates with similar independence to a Crown Corporation under the direction of a General Manager and CEO.
In February 2018, the LDB was assigned to distribute, wholesale and sell non-medicinal cannabis inclusive of a government owned online channel with a mandate to support government’s key priorities of protecting children and youth, ensuring health and safety standards, and keeping the criminal element out of the supply chain. Effective October 17, 2018 the LDB has added wholesaling and retailing of non-medical cannabis –named LDB Cannabis Operations to the existing business of wholesaling and retailing of Liquor.
LDB’s Information Technology Division (IT) provides reliable, responsive and secure systems and services to support LDB in operational excellence and delivering superior customer service.
The LDB’s Information Technology Division consists of six departments and 23 distinctive units, with 200+ FTEs. IT has adopted a multi-sourcing strategy and leverages a combination of internal and external expertise, including outsourced services, contracted services and shared services, to deliver the IT mandate of supporting current operations and future business needs. Strategic plans, governance of standards and risk management are all developed internally to support Divisional and Corporate goals.
Reporting to the Manager of eCommerce and Digitization, the developer provides analytical and programming support to the LDB for the design, development, maintenance and enhancement of corporate, wholesale and retail business web solutions. This position maintains and develops existing applications in various programming languages such as PL/SQL, Java, Bootstrap and Angular.
To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Education and Experience:
- Degree or diploma in computer science/information technology or a related field and a minimum of 2 years of recent, related experience*
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
*Recent, related experience must include:
- Experience with enterprise-level development projects
- Experience developing stored procedures, view, packages, and triggers (PL/SQL)
- Experience with Query tuning and unit and integration testing
- Developing applications using Java, Bootstrap, Angular, wire framing and prototyping
Preference may be given to those candidates with experience in:
- Web Development (HTML5, Ruby on Rails)
- Planetpress designer
- Thorough knowledge of the development process, including specification, documentation, and QA
- Preference may be given to those candidates with knowledge and/or understanding of:
- ETL and OLTP processes
- Linux and shell scripting
- Datavantage or Oracle Enterprise Applications (Oracle EBS)
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) concepts
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written, oral communication and inter-personal skills
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical, problem solving and judgement abilities
- Ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships with individuals at various levels
- Must be able to work independently and as a member of a diverse team
- Compensation $63,973.31 - $72,937.86 annually plus 6.6% Temporary Market Adjustment $ $63,973.31 - $72,937.86 annually plus 6.6% Temporary Market Adjustment Month
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!