Requisition ID: 226364
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) combines all analytics capabilities – including business intelligence (BI), planning, predictive analytics, data visualization, and digital boardroom tools – in a single cloud-based solution. It gives everyone from Frontline Workers to Execs the power to find new insights and take action, anytime, anywhere.
The SAC team is looking for a Software Architect to help with our next generation cloud-based Analytics platform. You will have the opportunity to hone your skills using leading-edge technologies for Cloud, Big Data, Mobile, SAP HANA (In-Memory Database) and modern Visualization. You will work with a team of strong Engineers where all members are close to the code and make technical contributions. Help us shape the future!
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
Reporting to an Engineering Area Lead, the successful candidate will be responsible for architecture guidance for 7 Development Teams. Because we work on the cutting edge, we need someone who is eager to learn, results-oriented, resourceful in getting things to work, and productive working independently or collaboratively. You are expected to:
- Review designs, ensuring that they will meet the non-functional requirements (e.g. performance, maintainability, extensibility)
- Work closely with Team Members from Central Architecture team and Engineering Lead Area Development teams on future strategic direction and ensuring decisions are understood by all Development Teams in Engineering Lead Area
- Implement POCs of new major investment topics and potentially productize parts of implementation
- Identify architecture risks during implementation and pro-actively engaging team members to mitigate them.
- Serve as mentor for junior team members.
- Collaborate across roles, functions and teams, as well as with colleagues in other countries and also customers/partners when needed.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or Engineering
- Expert knowledge in building a Rich and highly-performant Browser Based Application based on a large client-side code base implemented by a large number of developers.
- Highly experienced in Multidimensional (OLAP) models and queries
- Familiar with Cloud Native development technologies and typically used software and architecture on Cloud infrastructure like AWS or Azure, or Cloud platforms like Cloud Foundry.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and able to prioritize work based on short-term and medium-term business needs.
- Ability to collaboratively develop a target architecture vision and to guide development towards that, balancing the short-term deliverables with the long-term goals
- Ability to work well in a team as well as independently and have a positive self-motivated can-do attitude.
- At least 10 years of professional experience developing web applications (including co-op or intern experience).
- 3+ years of professional experience as a Software Architect for a group of 40+ developers.
- Significant experience in designing and delivering complex Browser Based features requiring the contribution of 20+ client-side developers to the implementation.
- Significant experience developing applications that consume multidimensional datasources.
- Prior experience with applications on SAP Cloud Platform, AWS, or Cloud Foundry is strongly desired
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
- Address 910 Mainland St, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery