Who You’ll Work For
REEF Technology is the ecosystem that connects the world to your block. Each REEF hub is a thriving, connected ecosystem of businesses, cities and people, that enables and provides the delivery of products and services to more people than ever before. Each location offers a variety of services including micro-fulfillment centers, bike and scooter rental stations, electric vehicle charging, rideshare and autonomous vehicle buffering areas, community spaces for pop-up businesses, and more.
REEF Technology has reimagined the role of a parking facility. We are the largest network of parking lots in North America, believing these locations can do a lot more than just store your car. They serve as buffers for high density, high activity areas and, as such, alleviate congestion and the ensuing pollution. But, with the explosive growth of the sharing and on-demand economy, it is expected that the need for parking to solely store cars will be outgrown by other needs.
We are part of SoftBank, and its portfolio of leading companies transforming business and commerce at the cutting edge of technology in the world today
Top Reasons to Work with Us
1. Build a platform that will be revolutionary in this industry.
2. Massive Growth
3. Great Leadership and Challenging Work
A stickler for detail with a knack for bridging the gap between the Developers and IT Teams, able to explain to non-technical people what is going on and know the SDLC like the back of your hand?
Does the thought of an exciting start up environment with a company revolutionizing their industry make you jump for joy?
Then REEF Technology’s DevOps position just might be your dream job!
What You Will Be Doing
- Work with your fellow engineers to define deployment, configuration and monitoring requirements
- Plan, build, configure, and optimize private and public cloud infrastructure for high performance, scalable and reliable consumer website
- Lead root cause analysis and collaborate with Engineering to build instrumentation into our stack to understand real-time performance characteristics
- Lead troubleshooting efforts with production/non-production systems
- Participate in a 24×7 on-call team rotation.
- Collaborate with the Product Management team to understand performance and availability requirements
What You Need for this Position
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- 3+ years of DevOps experience
- Expertise in architecting, designing, troubleshooting and improving
- highly-scalable and high-performing large web sites
- Ability to lead teams and do technical deep dives into infrastructure to deliver highly-available services
- Demonstrated expertise in Cloud Computing services (e.g. Amazon AWS, GCP and Docker)
- Knowledgeable in managing MySQL, Postgress, MongoDB, Kafka, Elastic Search, and Memcache
- Ability to install, configure and maintain Linux hosts and popular open source applications such as Nginx, Apache HTTPd, Apache Tomcat, and Postfix
- Prior experience using datacenter automation tools such as OpenStack, CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet, ELK, and Zabbix.
- Experience in automating system administration tasks with scripting tools such as Python is preferred
- Proficient in analyzing and troubleshooting operating system, networking, configuration and performance problems.
- Fundamental understanding of Internet networking protocols: TCP/IP, TLS, DNS, HTTP, SMTP.
- Clear communication with both technical and non-technical staff
· Frequently operate small office equipment such as a computer, calculator, copier/printer
· Will remain in seated position for extended periods of time
- Normal lifting, sitting, computer exposure for an office-based role
- Extensive time in front of a computer screen, data entry and analysis
- Unique opportunity to be part an early stage and fast-growing startup driving disruption in the food-tech space
- Work with a smart, dedicated and passionate team in vibrant culture
- Competitive compensation and equity benefits
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Address 601 W Cordova Street, Suite 300 Vancouver, BC
- Image Gallery