Req ID: 69055
At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company’s growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA Services and for the people who work here.
NTT DATA Services currently seeks a DevOps Specialist to join our team in VICTORIA, British Columbia (CA-BC), Canada (CA).
Sierra Systems an NTT Data Company in Victoria is seeking a motivated and experienced DevOps Specialist. If you are passionate about the technology, the clients, and all the challenges that go with being a consultant, you will want to be a part of our team. Our people have the skills and business savvy to provide exceptional consulting services to clients, helping them gain the optimum benefit from our solutions. We recruit professional results-oriented team players who have true vision and creativity. Our talented consultants are passionate about what they do and excited to delight our customers with their knowledge and capabilities.
As a DevOps Lead with Sierra Systems in the Victoria location, you will be assigned to work on a wide range of projects. Our ideal candidate will possess skills that make them a subject matter expert in systems, infrastructure, automation, and security architecture coupled with the ability to work closely with delivery, manage client relationships, and act as a leader within the practice.
- Design, architect, and implement next generation system architecture and automation solutions;
- Act as a subject matter expert on DevOps best practices with OpenShift, Azure, and AWS;
- Perform analysis best practices and emerging concepts in DevOps, Infrastructure Automation, and Enterprise Security;
- Provide leadership in the design of high quality business solutions that operate in the client’s business and technical environment
- Implement, maintain, and improve Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery environments;
- Own and lead initiatives to define, design, and implement DevOps solutions which includes reference architectures, estimates, and costing;
- Manage relationships with senior internal and external stakeholders
- Lead software architecture, design and implementation of systems
- Provide estimates for design and implementation
- Participate in the proposals, presentations and statements of work activities
- Proven ability to provide leadership in a DevOps setting, demonstrating the technical, organization and management required to produce results.
- Strong knowledge and expertise in DevOps solution delivery and strategy;
- Working knowledge of Cloud Services and their capabilities (OpenShift, AWS, Azure, Google)
- Strong scripting skills (Python, Ruby, Perl);
- Experience with automated deployment, continuous integration, release engineering tools and application performance management tools;
- Experience with container hosting and orchestration services such as: OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure automation and build pipelines (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins)
- Prior consulting, advisory, or professional services experience is preferred;
- Demonstrated project management experience in Agile (Scrum), which includes project planning, execution, risk management, and resource management;
- Active community member and contributor to open source projects is a plus;
- Experience implementing different log management software packages and tools.
- Experience with promoting a DevOps culture and introducing it to new teams.
- Strong communications skills as they will be called upon to provide advice, recommendations and options requiring buy-in of the Strategy with executives and senior management
- Ability to drive collaboration with functional and technical teams to achieve effective solutions
- Flexible and resilient, comfortable with ambiguity, adaptable to a high-change environment and open to new concepts and/or processes
- Prior consulting experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities with NTT DATA, Inc. or its subsidiaries. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors or the equivalent will NOT be considered. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services partners with clients to navigate and simplify the modern complexities of business and technology, delivering the insights, solutions and outcomes that matter most. We deliver tangible business results by combining deep industry expertise with applied innovations in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services.
NTT DATA Services, headquartered in Plano, Texas, is a division of NTT DATA Corporation, a top 10 global business and IT services provider with 118,000+ professionals in more than 50 countries, and NTT Group, a partner to 88 percent of the Fortune 100. Visit nttdataservices.com to learn more.
NTT DATA, Inc. (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
- Address 737 Courtney St, Victoria, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery