Our eCommerce team is responsible for curating, managing, and optimizing BestBuy.ca: the largest electronics retail site in Canada. We’re here because of our customers, and we’re dedicated to building world-class experiences, so they can find the products they need – quickly on any device. We’ve planned huge and exciting initiatives this year, and we need your help to make them happen! Come join us in leading Canada’s digital commerce space.
As a Digital Analyst you will…
- Perform analysis in response to stakeholder requests, key strategic priorities, or from your own curiosity. Gather insights, make recommendations and present to stakeholders.
- Define the measurement strategy to understand the impact of new website initiatives and to identify opportunities for improvement
- Integrate digital analytics data with survey data and customer feedback for additional insights on improving the customer experience
- Develop Adobe Analytics/Power BI dashboards to support multiple stakeholders in Ecommerce
- Work on tagging strategies, help translate analytics requirements from the business into new variables for developers to implement
- Facilitate a self-serve environment for digital analysis and reporting using Adobe Analytics and Power BI
- Share and bring in best practices from industry, and from our peers at Best Buy US
- Champion digital analytics and share digital insights across the organization
We hope you are…
- Passionate about analytics and eCommerce—you stay up-to-date with industry news and trends, always seeking avenues to roll up your sleeves and help elevate the digital customer experience
- Deeply curious—you relentlessly pursue opportunities to understand the ‘why’ behind a trend or anomaly in data. You ask the big, tough questions, and quickly investigate to find the answer
- A lifelong learner—you hold an engrained desire to keep evolving your craft and pick up new skills
- Striving for continuous improvement—you’re an agile problem-solver with an ability to think on your feet; you work efficiently, deliver results quickly, and continually implement your learnings
- An effective communicator—you’re a natural leader with a humble and open-minded attitude; your verbal and written communication skills are top-notch, and you can clearly speak about the value of your work
The experience we need…
- 2+ years of experience of digital analytics in eCommerce at a medium or large, retail organization
- 2+ years of experience in reporting and analysis using Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics.
- 2+ years of experience in defining Adobe Analytics tag requirements and specs, preferably using Adobe’s Dynamic Tag Manager (DTM) or Adobe Launch
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, Economics, Operations, Business or a related field
- 1+ year(s) experience working in an Agile environment; familiarity with JIRA, Confluence
- Advanced business understanding of the retail and eCommerce space
What’s waiting for you at the head office…
Our goal is work-life harmony for every employee. Don’t feel like driving to work each day? Hop on our free shuttle service that runs between our head office and the SkyTrain at Metrotown. Can’t find the time to work out as much as you’d like? Hit the treadmill, stationary bike, or weight room in our 24-hour on-site gym staffed by professional trainers. No time to pack a lunch or make breakfast? Our fully catered (and partially subsidized!) cafeteria serves everything from eggs benny and French toast, to fresh-made sandwiches, stir fry, pasta, entrées, and more!
We also believe an amazing work-life harmony includes continual learning and growth… on company time. That’s why everyone in our eCommerce and IT departments has their own professional career coach, career development plan, and access to a series of in-house development seminars.
There’s more, too:
- Competitive benefits, including a variety of options for extended health, dental, and life insurance
- Registered Pension Plan where the company matches your contributions, dollar for dollar
- Employee stock purchase plan, with the company matching up to 5% of your eligible contributions
- Significant employee discounts both in-store and online
- Coffee bar that serves Starbucks and Seattle’s Best Coffee
- Easy access to riverside trails and parks when you need to unplug and take a break
- Free parking in our lot and loads of free street parking in the area
- On-site dry cleaning drop off and pick up service
- Opportunity to participate in regular hackathons and other company-wide events
If this sounds like a perfect fit, we want to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter to apply. Best Buy Canada is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on gender, race, or sexual orientation.