At BCLC, we believe that our people are what makes us amazing so we are committed to our people. We have a culture of fun and hard work – it’s not unusual to see teams eating together at lunch in the cafeteria or heading outside for a walking meeting. We continue to have a highly engaged team and we’ve been named one of BC’s Top 50 Employers for over 10 years. Here are a few reasons why it’s great to be part of the team:
- Flexible work hours
- Robust wellness program with free onsite yoga, bootcamp, running club and more
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid Flexible Health and Dental plan for you and your family
- Defined Benefit Pension Program
- Leadership and professional development programs
Why our Vancouver office is so awesome
Vancouver has been regularly voted one of the top cities to live in the world with one of the mildest climates of any city in Canada. It is home to our Marketing and Sales Office and features:
- A subsidized cafeteria with healthy and delicious food choices
- Free parking
- Easy access to transit, including the Sky Train
- Secure bike facilities and easy access off the Central Valley Greenway
The Director, AML and Investigations provides strategic leadership, guidance and operational management to the organization’s AML Programs, Intelligence & Investigations teams. The role oversees and directs corporate investigations including AML, Casino, Lottery and E-Gaming related investigations as well as predictive analysis for the purpose of identifying real and reputational threats to BCLC.
- Provides strategic leadership, guidance and operational management to the organization’s AML Programs, Intelligence & Investigations teams. Implements strategic initiatives to monitor regulatory requirements and ensure proper compliance as an organization; measures and tests the effectiveness of compliance performance and develops proactive programs and processes using a risk based approach to monitor and achieve constant compliance.
- Fosters strong collaborative internal relationships with all areas of BCLC and works effectively across the leadership team and the overall organization to support AML and Investigation programs.
- Ensures that BCLC and its Service Providers meet legislative compliance requirements as set out in the Proceeds of Crime Money Laundering Terrorist Financing Act Regulations and FinTRAC guidance as well as compliance with BCLC’s Standards Policies and Procedures.
- Leads the development of risk mitigation strategies and plans to prevent money laundering and other criminal risks to BCLC’s players, people and operations, ensuring their safety and security and mitigating the business, financial risks and concerns of all stakeholders.
- Develops, maintains and manages critical relationships with the provincial gaming regulator, senior management at the federal anti-money laundering regulator, senior provincial police (RCMP) management, service providers and business partners in furtherance of AML and Investigation programs.
- Coordinates audits with Provincial and Federal regulators and internal and external auditors. Reviews the audits and in consultation with the appropriate areas, determines a course of action to correct/rectify any shortfall or issues identified.
- Leads the development of long term strategic plans related to AML architecture for the organization including action plans to execute and the development and implementation of corporate policy and procedures to support strategies developed. Liaises with BCLC information technology and external software vendors to resolve any FinTRAC software reporting issues and implement any required software enhancements.
- Models leadership behaviors that support the engagement of staff, and drives culture and change management initiatives. Ensures that staff have the skills required to meet corporate objectives, and that technical training and mentoring processes are in place.
- Oversees and approves AML and Investigations training plans for BCLC and Service Provider staff to mitigate and address any identified compliance deficiencies.
- Maintains an expert level of knowledge of money laundering typologies applicable to all forms of gaming that are conducted and managed by BCLC, as well as a high level of understanding of the technical and functional aspects of all gaming products conducted and managed by BCLC.
- Leads the development, preparation and execution of the budget process including all operating and capital budgets for the fiscal year.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and Experience
- A degree or diploma or extensive operational experience and subject matter expertise in a related field;
- Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists Accreditation or obtainment within 6 months of appointment to role:
- Working knowledge of the principals of investigations or inquiries;
- Strong subject matter knowledge of anti-money programs and processes or enterprise risk strategies and programs;
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of Criminal Code of Canada, BC Gaming Control Act, Proceeds of Crime Money Laundering Terrorist Financing Act & Regulations and capable of quickly becoming conversant with BCLC Casino Standards, Policies and Procedures, BCLC Bingo Standards, Policies and Procedures, Directives and relevant documents;
- Working knowledge of gaming lines of business;
- Knowledge of the role, function and statutory authorities of federal and provincial regulators with oversight of BCLC;
- Capable of leading investigative and compliance professionals;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to work with all levels of gaming service provider staff and management; to deal with sensitive matters with confidentiality and diplomacy; and to make quick, responsible decisions and react to stressful situations with tact, discretion and diplomacy;
- Ability to weigh time, revenue and cost implications in making decisions and recommendations;
- Strong strategic thinking skills with the ability to find innovative yet practical strategies to achieve goals, links several strategies into a unified plan, while anticipating needs and looking future focused;
- Strong business acumen with a results oriented focus;
- Believes in continuous improvement and driven to question and improve processes, systems, practices as appropriate.
Please Note: This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Please Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.