WorkLink Employment Society is recruiting a full-time, Director of Finance. This position works up to 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday) in our Jacklin Road office and provides support to team members located in the Westshore and Sooke offices; with a salary range of $34.68 – 36.26 hourly. Join us and experience everything the community offers as you, live, work and play in the beautiful Pacific Coast setting.
About The Position:
The Director of Finance, in consultation with the Executive Director, leads and supports the WorkLink supervisory team to provide financial oversight, risk management and quality control related to all contracted service deliverables. The Director of Finance contributes to the overall success of the Society by effectively managing all financial requirements for the organization. This position directs the supervision of all accounting department staff; prepares year-end financials for Auditor to review and draft financial statements; and provides a monthly report on all financial activity for the Board and external funders. The Director of Finance main financial services responsibilities include:
- Assist with the generation of projections related to the WorkBC Contract (client access, client service, financial supports, client milestones, and sustained outcomes).
- Lead strategic partnership development, resulting in meeting investment objectives and enhancing Society value.
- Oversight of financial requirements related to contracts, including monitoring and reporting.
- Prepare budgets for all Society responses to external funding applications.
- Prepare year-end books for auditor to review and draft financial statements.
- Provide a monthly report on all financial activity for the board and external funders.
- Provide subject matter expertise on external funding body policy/system process related to financial accountability/systems.
- Strong knowledge of social enterprise cycle to generate new revenues in order to diversify funding base
- Work with the Executive Director and Director of Programs to provide financial support for the annual agency Quality Management Plan, ensuring compliance with funding agreements.
- Work with the management team to confirm all client projection, analysis, targets/outcomes linked to each funding stream.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to prioritize tasks, manage tight deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Able to interpret contract and policy requirements;
- Excellent communication skills, specifically the ability to simplify and explain complex financials;
- Experience/knowledge of the payables/receivables cycle;
- Expertise in fund accounting, government grants—ideally, experience with WorkBC contracts;
- Familiarity with the BC Societies Act, and CRA regulations that govern a charity and non-profit;
- Financial projection expertise in respect to social enterprise would be an asset;
- Highly organized with strong administrative skills;
- Knowledge of partnership development and ability to work cooperatively with partner agencies; and
- Providing monthly financial reports to Board and Funders.
- A minimum five (5) years of experience in a not-for-profit environment developing and administering all aspects of financial services including budget preparation, monthly and quarterly financial analysis, payroll, accounts payables and receivables, audit activities, financial policies and procedures, and other related functions;
- A minimum five (5) years of progressive senior management, leadership experience in a not-for-profit and charity setting;
- Professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA) or exceptional finance knowledge gained through experience;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, SAGE accounting software, and ability to learn and adapt to new software;
- Strong leadership and supervisory/management skills, as well as organizational and prioritization skills;
- Current Criminal Record Check; and
- Only applicants with professional financial designation and senior level experience will be considered.
- Applicants may submit their cover letter and resume to: email@example.com , along with salary expectations, no later than Friday, January 10, 2020 at 4:00pm.
- We appreciate all applications; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.