There are currently 2 vacant temporary opportunities until May 30th 2019.
STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers.
The Liquor Distribution Branch is one of Canada’s largest distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol. At the Liquor Distribution Branch, we are driven by innovation and have a passion for the future and are looking for a dynamic professional to join our team.
Reporting to the Manager, Occupational Health & Safety, and the Disability Case Manager is responsible for the timely and effective case management, rehabilitation services, and return to work planning for the Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB). The advisor is responsible for the co-ordination of a variety of services flowing from the Short-Term Illness and Injury Plan (STIIP), long term disability and WorkSafeBC programs that are available to LDB employees.
To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
An eligibility list for temporary future opportunities may be established. This position is excluded from union membership. A criminal record check is required.
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary diploma or certificate in disability management with considerable recent progressive experience in disability management, claims management, health sciences, or a related field. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
Recent and related experience includes the following:
- Managing (or experience with) a breadth of different claims with varying degrees of complexity
- Adjudication of benefits
- Return to work planning
- Liaising with third parties
- Interpreting and applying legislation and/or policy.
- Experience working within a unionized environment, preferred.
- Additional training or experience in human resources, preferred.
- Significant knowledge of legislation, regulations, and standards related to disability management and WorkSafeBC.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with customers/clients and government stakeholders.
- Demonstrate composed, compassionate and professional demeanor
- Strong analytical, problem solving, decision making, and negotiation skills.
- Well developed organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Ability to positively influence and motivate others through a changing environment
- Ability to make a progressive contribution to the team, department and organization
- Compensation 65,600.24 - $90,900.08 annually $ 65,600.24 - $90,900.08 annually Month
- Address 3383 Gilmore Way, Burnaby, BC, Canada
- This job has expired!