STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch is one of Canada’s largest distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol. At the Liquor Distribution Branch we are driven by innovation and have a passion for the future and are looking for a dynamic professional to join our team.
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) is one of the largest distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol in Canada, generating a net income of approximately $1.1 billion on annual sales of approximately $3.5 billion in fiscal 2017/18. LDB has a workforce of approximately 4,000 full and part-time employees, operates 197 retail stores across the province, oversees the operations of approximately 220 Rural Agency Stores and has the role of wholesaler to approximately 700 private liquor retail outlets and 10,000 licensed establishments.
The LDB is a unique government entity that operates with similar independence to a Crown Corporation under the direction of a General Manager and CEO.
In Fall 2018, the LDB began moving into a new Liquor Distribution Centre in Delta, BC to improve customer service levels, expand partnerships with suppliers, manufacturers and customers through out the province and improve our results through productivity gains and efficiencies through out the supply chain.
The Distribution Business Process Analyst is responsible for monitoring and ensuring the ongoing operations of the Distribution department’s operational systems (computerized and manual); the identification and resolution of application issues; the analysis, identification and prioritization of business requirements. In addition, the Analyst is responsible to provide Distribution’s business input to systems development and integration on all enhancement and maintenance aspects of the warehouse management system, related systems and corporate interfaces with other operations.
The Distribution Business Process Analyst collaborates with clients, colleagues and IT professionals to design, finalize, implement, and trouble-shoot projects, initiatives, and process improvement implementations. The Analyst represents Distribution in the provision of departmental advice and services (e.g. business analysis for application development, enhancement, maintenance; user and integrated testing acceptance), related to the achievement of business objectives.
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Please note that a cover letter is a requirement for this competition.
An eligibility list may be established. A criminal record check is required.
Education & Experience:
- At least 3 years of experience and knowledge of a Warehouse Management Systems (as used in a large distribution centre) and its relationship to Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software with an emphasis on Inventory and Order Management, troubleshooting and resolving issues.
- Experience conducting projects/initiatives to improve operational processes related to the supply chain operational management aspects.
- Experience working closely with clients and staff to identify operational requirements
- Experience developing documentation to guide the configuration and development of new business processes and or technology solutions.
- Experience leading supply chain projects.
- Advanced experience with MS Office applications for ad hoc reporting, Visio for flow charting. Experience with MindManager application Mindjet helpful.
- Experience developing detailed business requirements for systems changes, preferred.
- Experience with the System Integration Testing (SIT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and delivery of new/enhanced business applications, preferred.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Comprehensive knowledge of a distribution department’s integrated workflows from various areas such as receiving, put away, picking, shipping and tracking.
- Supply chain principles, best practices, systems and controls.
- Project Management, risk management, operations management, business analysis.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Skills and Abilities
- Superior written and oral communication.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a diverse team, where productive relationships are developed and maintained.
- Strong interpersonal/organizational/analytical and judgement skills.
- Superior attention to detail and numeracy skills.
- Ability to achieve deadlines within tight timelines while managing multiple priorities.
- Ability to lead, develop and implement operational policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Extensive ability to apply analytical skills to develop business process documentation and flow charting techniques.
- Compensation $58,629.96 - $66,726.25 annually $ $58,629.96 - $66,726.25 annually Month
- This job has expired!