Requisition ID: 95615
Roynat Capital, a wholly owned subsidiary of Scotiabank, is a national lender and investor with expertise in providing innovative long-term capital solutions for mid-sized companies utilizing senior term, subordinated debt, as well as mezzanine capital and common share equity. We provide tailored solutions to clients for acquisitions, business expansions, wealth monetization, and working capital enhancement. With a national presence in Canada in major markets, Roynat assists growth-oriented companies in reaching their goals across a wide range of industries.
The District Manager is responsible for generating and maintaining maximum business volumes and related revenues, to achieve pre-set targets. This is accomplished by playing a leadership role in the Sales Management process, including leading by example and directing staff in developing new business opportunities and expanding existing connections within an assigned market area. The focus is managing account relationships, including originating, analyzing, recommending, negotiating, closing and managing loan transactions.
The District Manager must also ensure longer term growth to position Roynat Capital in the market place as a professional and knowledgeable financial institution. The individual achieves this by developing and maintaining a business community profile as a participant in varied associations and through the cultivation of contacts and key business referral sources. The District Manager is responsible for the overall management and administration of the office, including effective training and supervision of staff.
Reports to: Regional Director
Supervises: (Senior) Associate(s); Associate Director(s); Client Services Officer (s)
- Meet new business volume targets and profitability target objectives and ensure progress is made towards maximizing the potential business from existing customers and new prospects within an assigned market area by:
- analyzing the market area and competition in order to develop a marketing strategy to identify high potential segments and opportunities;
- developing and implementing short and long term strategies in order to maximize the growth and number of customers, including an effective sales call program and creating and maintaining business development (RMS – System for contacts and prospect management);
- establishing and maintaining client relationships with major small and medium size industrial and commercial companies (prospects) and key business referral sources in the assigned market area;
- maintaining a current and thorough knowledge of Roynat Capital’s specialized term lending services, leasing, subordinated debt and mezzanine financing solutions, to effectively promote tailored presentation packages to meet specific customer needs.
- Effectively manage and control the loan portfolio to ensure it is at an acceptable level of risk and generates an appropriate return by:
- ensuring a thorough investigation, analysis and application of the principles of sound credit judgment in the preparation and granting of loans within policy as stated in the monograph Term Finance, Leasing and Equity manuals;
- ensuring the preparation of comprehensive credit presentations with sound recommendations as set out in Company guidelines, bulletins, monograph Term Finance manual or Credit and Administration Directives.
- ensuring all accounts are being monitored to ensure conformity to terms and conditions, as stipulated in credit authorizations and to ensure arrears and problems are effectively controlled;
- maintaining awareness of the affairs of key customers and participate as necessary in the resolution of problem loan situations.
- Effectively manage and develop staff in order to achieve Business Plan objectives by:
- ensuring DO Investment staff have a defined strategy to meet new business objectives, and providing timely performance feedback through regular monthly sales management discussions, more often when needed;
- establishing performance objectives and measures for all staff including assigned Trainees;
- evaluating the performance of all staff, and taking corrective action when necessary;
- participating and/ or providing in-house coaching on credit administration and credit presentations;
- identifying training requirements and initiate training or recommend candidates for outside courses as appropriate;
- creating an environment conducive to individual development, productivity and achievement, ensuring open lines of communication are in place;
- providing coordination and direction to staff.
- Ensure the efficient operation of the office and adherence to Roynat policies and procedures by:
- ensuring DO operating costs are appropriate and in accordance with approved budgets;
- ensuring appropriate staffing levels are maintained to meet operational needs;
- directly recruiting staff as required within authorized complement;
- administering the salary program to ensure compensation levels are appropriate;
- ensuring all staff conform to Guidelines of Business Conduct, Internet and E-Mail conduct policy guidelines, regulations and procedures.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team.
Complexity of Position / Knowledge Required
Roynat Inc. is a leading private term lender specializing in term financing, leasing, subordinated debt, mezzanine financing and equity solutions for small and medium size businesses typically for amounts in the general range of $500m – $20mm. The incumbent plans most of his/her strategies and activities for 1-2 years ahead. The financial demands of a business sector which can be located in remote regions to major metropolitan areas are varied in nature, and therefore, an in-depth understanding of a wide variety of industries and markets must be attained.
The District Manager is expected to have proven management and leadership ability, to direct and coach marketing professionals, to develop innovative and aggressive sales strategies, which incorporate and use developed selling techniques – including a sales call program and the utilization of computer applications such as a business development system (RMS).
The incumbent ideally has a University degree in business, finance, economics or, a minimum of 5 years related banking or business experience.
- Sales and Sales Management skills;
- The ability to communicate and implement a comprehensive marketing program to maximize the potential of an assigned territory.
- Proven selling and negotiating skills in handling complex selling situations.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills, with customers, staff and in dealing with the community generally.
- A general Computer knowledge to effectively use various computer software applications, including database systems, electronic E-Mail, etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of credit products and related policies, and an extensive knowledge of District Office procedures and operations.
- Superior skills in financial analysis and risk assessment.
- Proven credit judgment.
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving, structuring and pricing credits, managing and collecting problem accounts.
- Have an awareness of differences in the tax, legal and accounting rules of the various jurisdictions in which his/her customers operate.
The incumbent manages independently within agreed policies and/or limits and/or authorities, (i.e. in approving/recommending credit applications, capital expenditures, etc.)
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Victoria
We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.