FRPD is seeking a Works Manager who will be responsible for the project’s technical execution and for the efficient deployment of staff and equipment.
Key Responsibilities: · Drawing up work schedules and consolidated project reports · Providing information to the Project Manager and other stakeholders · Creative inventive technical solutions to enable a successful completion of a project with available resources · Maximizing the operation results and profits within the Health, Safety and Environmental and Quality standards · Preparation of safe work plans and hazard assessments of the work sites and work which will be undertaken · Develop strong working relationships with Equipment & Yard and HSEQ teams
· Directing work priorities for survey team and superintendents · Performing or assisting performance management reviews for direct reports · Evaluating unionized work force which includes recruitment and termination of employees · Assist with collective bargaining
· Multi-tasking between multiple project and vessel work sites which are ongoing at the same time · Approve and ensure proper coding on all purchases (requisitions & invoices) and timesheets · Assist in the preparation of client invoices and provide supporting documentation where required
· Developing, nurturing and maintaining relations with sand vendors and key PMV staff · Working with PMV staff to determine dredging priorities and schedule of dredging activities · Assisting in the development of the annual dredging plans for the PMV Contract
· Assisting with dredging estimates, budgets and proposals · Ensuring that the project team meet all necessary safety requirements for projects and when required incident investigations and reporting is completed appropriately
· Contribute and assist in the development of the annual divisional strategic planning · Work in conjunction with the E&Y staff to ensure all dredging equipment (dredges, tending vessels, levee equipment and pipeline) is in ready condition
Required Skills & Qualifications: · Intermediate or higher vocational education in civil or marine engineering · Minimum of 6 years work experience in dredging and marine works · Minimum 5 years of Supervisory/Management experience
· Direct knowledge of dredging operations and marine works · Knowledge to be able to direct survey team requirements · Strong written and verbal communication skills · Working within a team atmosphere with excellent leadership skills · Strong coaching skills with the ability to transfer knowledge and help others to learn · Focused on achieving results and committed to team success · Strong analytical and organizational skills · Develop a thorough understanding of Dredging Division Collective Agreements; specifically, employer and employee rights / working conditions / seniority, etc.… · Thorough understanding of WorkSafe, FRPD HS&E Program and SMS for propelled and non-propelled vessels
· Strong skills required in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word and Project · Ability to read and understand contract drawings and specification documents
At this time, we are only able to consider candidates who are legally entitled to work for any employer in Canada.
- This job has expired!