JOB POSTING #2019-22-02
EPIC Program/Community Living
PERMANENT Part-time Position 28.0 hrs./week
The EPIC Program is seeking a self-motivated and dynamic individual to join our team. We are an employment program that assists adults with diverse abilities in all aspects of career development including; personalized jobseeker assessment, employment skill enhancement, work experiences, placement activities, and onsite job coaching/monitoring. A key component of the position necessitates the teaching of a variety of practical employment related skills, along with securing and monitoring work experiences/paid employment for jobseekers. This includes working closely with the Community Living team to ensure the service reflects client needs, abilities, and employment goals.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Conduct individualized intake assessment, skill development activities, employment preparation & education, job search, job coaching, and advocacy support.
- Provide necessary supports to address and mitigate barriers to employment, and developing workable solutions.
- Present individuals with helpful tools for employment, labour market information, and training options.
- Maintain solid knowledge of employer expectations and employment marketing skills, while continually growing EPIC’s pool of inclusive employers.
- Connect with funders on an ongoing basis about the goals and achievements of referred individuals, as well as the goals of CLBC as funders.
- Assume Key Worker responsibility for a number of jobseekers, including the maintaining of ongoing progress notes, documentation, individual files and other reports as required to determine client outcomes.
- Monitor client satisfaction, employer satisfaction, and funder satisfaction of current programming.
- Transport clients safely in personal vehicle, with driver’s abstract in good standing, proper business insurance, and a reliable vehicle in good working order.
- Actively participate in staff and CLBC meetings and trainings, and liaise with Abbotsford Community Services staff as required.
- Promote inclusive employment to the larger community.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field preferred (e.g. Social Work Degree)
- Minimum of one (1) year work experience supporting people with diverse abilities, preferably with an employment focus.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license, driver’s abstract in good standing, proper business insurance, and a reliable personal vehicle to use for transporting jobseekers.
- Current Standard First-Aid with CPR/AED.
- Must maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
- Clean Driver’s Abstract.
- Establish and maintain positive and trusting working relationship with staff, jobseekers, families, support team.
- Organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to “think of the box” and resolve issues.
- Ability to work in a team setting and independently, with a demonstrated strength in taking initiative.
- Follow the code of ethics in a manner consistent with the policy and procedures of the agency
- Ability to adapt and respond to changing conditions and priorities.
- Promote an inclusive environment and respect all people and their diversity
- Deal with all concerns, opinions and suggestions in a respectful manner.
POSITION PARTICULARS / WORKING CONDITIONS:
Wage starts at: $ 22.13 per hour. This is a permanent part-time position. Working hours are typically between Monday-Friday, but may require an occasional Saturday shift.
Closing date is June 4, 2019
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Attention: HR. Abbotsford Community Services
2420 Montrose Avenue. Abbotsford, BC. V2S 3S9
Interested applicants are to reference Posting 2019-22-02-EPIC in the subject line.
No phone calls. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Abbotsford Community Services is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all equity seeking groups.
- Compensation $22.13 per hour $ $22.13 per hour Month
- Address 2420 Montrose Avenue, Abbotsford, BC, Canada