Why you should work with us
At BCLC, we believe that our people are what makes us amazing so we are committed to our people. We have a culture of fun and hard work – it’s not unusual to see teams eating together at lunch in the cafeteria or heading outside for a walking meeting. We continue to have a highly engaged team and we’ve been named one of BC’s Top 50 Employers for over 10 years. Here are a few reasons why it’s great to be part of the team:
- Flexible work hours
- Robust wellness program with subsidized onsite yoga, bootcamp, running club and more
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid Flexible Health and Dental plan for you and your family
- Defined Benefit Pension Program
- Leadership and professional development programs
Why our Vancouver office is so awesome
Vancouver has been regularly voted one of the top cities to live in the world with one of the mildest climates of any city in Canada. It is home to our Marketing and Sales Office and features:
- A subsidized cafeteria with healthy and delicious food choices
- Easy access to transit, including the Sky Train
- Secure bike facilities and easy access off the Central Valley Greenway
As a key member of Executive Services and reporting to the Assistant Corporate Secretary/Executive Assistant, the Coordinator, Executive Services provides administrative support and coordination activities and is in a highly visible role with internal and external visitors. This role draws upon practical and specialized knowledge of business support processes and procedures in order to respond to internal and external customers and provide timely delivery of tasks and transactions, reporting and processing services with confidentiality, discretion, and politically sensitive judgment.
• Under the guidance of the Assistant Corporate Secretary/Executive Assistant, provides administrative support and coordination of activities for the President & CEO, including but not limited to: coordination and preparation of reports, presentations, correspondence, and meeting agendas and materials.
• Acts as the Receptionist for the President & CEO Office. Greets visitors and deals with situations in a tactful and discreet manner.
• Prepares expense reports for out-of-pocket expenses for the Board and the President & CEO and ensures payment of Board remuneration.
• Assists with the creation and ensures on-going maintenance of databases & filing systems including archive filing & records retention schedules.
• Assists in budget coordination and preparation.
• Provides temporary administrative support, as needed to the Executive, including vacation coverage for divisional Executive Assistants.
• Establishes & maintains good working relationships with all levels of the Company & public.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
• Post-secondary business education;
• 3-5 years progressively responsible related experience, which includes at least 2 years’ experience in a senior administrative support role;
• Experience and understanding of financial statements, budget process, general ledger, expense administration and audit process;
• Experience with travel and event/meeting planning;
• Records management experience and understanding of process;
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Proven ability to work collaboratively;
• Demonstrated ability in relationship management and client/customer service;
• Strong administration skills;
• Proficient in MS Office, especially Outlook, Word and Excel;
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to excel in a fast paced environment;
• Self-motivated and resourceful;
• Action oriented and able to maintain composure under pressure;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work within established deadlines, extreme time constraints and to handle situations with tact and diplomacy;
• Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and superb attention to detail;
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality;
• Flexible with an ability to work additional hours with short notice
Please Note: This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Please Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC.
- CAD Month
- Address 74 Seymour St W, Kamloops, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery