Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
All Available Locations: Calgary; Edmonton; Toronto; Vancouver
External Posting Description
As an Executive Director in our Corporate Finance group you will :
- Be responsible for sourcing and closing M&A transactions, with a strong focus on business development
- Work with senior practitioners to proactively develop M&A ideas for clients in a variety of sectors
- Build and maintain ongoing, long-term relationships with existing and potential clients. Prepare market documents including pitch materials
- With the support of Associates, Analysts and Vice Presidents, be responsible for leading the execution of M&A mandates including the preparation of confidential information memorandums, potential buyer / target lists, initiating discussions with buyers / sellers, facilitating due diligence, negotiating with buyers / sellers, and working with legal counsel to prepare definitive purchase / sale documentation.
- Manage, develop and mentor Vice Presidents, Associates and Analysts, and other support staff
External Posting Qualifications
Ideal candidates will possess most or all of the following:
- 10+ years Investment Banking or M&A deal experience (including managing divestiture processes):
- Possess manufacturing and/or industrials transaction experience
- Sound financial modeling and valuation experience
- Exceptional communication, presentation and writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Transaction and execution experience
- An ability to quarterback engagements on day one
- Business development experience and a network of potential clients and leads to source deals
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Specific industry experience would be an asset
- Willingness to travel
- Proficient with Capital IQ
- Undergraduate or post graduate degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related discipline
- Masters of Business Administration strongly preferred
- CFA designation, Canadian Securities Course, Accounting designation and/or CBV strongly preferred
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive – both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
- Address 1055 Dunsmuir Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery