The Central Okanagan Community Food Bank is the largest food bank in the BC interior. We serve between 3,000 and 4,000 individuals per month, 33% are children under the age of 15 another 12% are seniors on a fixed income. Additionally, we provide surplus food to 40 local non-profit organizations in the area and across the southern BC interior. Our impact continues to grow.
We are looking for a full-time, experienced truck driver to join our team. Your prime responsibility will be to collect food donations and/or purchased products in a timely, accurate manner while complying with all provincial and federal guidelines and providing exemplary customer service. You will assist in the warehouse when not driving. Some evenings and weekends may be required.
General Summary of Duties:
- Pick-up and delivery of various types of freight to and from various locations, in a timely manner.
- Requires lifting boxes (up to 30-50 lbs.).
- Driving for periods up to 8 hours at a time.
- Regular weekdays (Monday and Friday) and/or week-end work.
- Check in with Operations Manager for up-dates and other information.
- Obtain appropriate signatures on all necessary paperwork.
- Maintain pick up sheet to be submitted at the end of each day
- Inspect truck to make sure there are no apparent defects or safety concerns
- Daily pick-up and delivery
- Keep log of vehicle mileage and any concerns
- Liaise with store managers to build relationships & increase donations
- Notify store managers of “no pick up” days
- Ensure that truck is fueled
- Maintain cleanliness of truck (inside & out)
- Work with staff and volunteers to unload truck
- Report any vehicle concerns to Operations Manager immediately.
- A valid BC Class 5 driver’s license and driver’s abstract (BC Class 1 or 3 license would be an asset)
- Minimum of 3 years driving experience
- Valid forklift certificate
- Food Safe Level 1, First Aid Level 1, WHMIS
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of all facts of truck operations: securing of vehicle and freight.
- Knowledge of road safety regulations.
If you have the essential requirements and would like to seize this great opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to David Purdon –David@cofoodbank.com
- This job has expired!