|City:||Vancouver, BC, Canada|
|Location:||Vancouver H/O – Canfor/CWPM_1000 (BC13)|
Canfor’s strength comes from the diversity of our skilled and resilient workforce. As our company continues to grow and diversify, so do our career opportunities. Let us take this opportunity to tell you how you could be the best fit for Canfor.
Reporting to the Sales Accounting Manager, the Financial Accountant is a part of the Finance Shared Services Team, specifically the Sales Accounting team which is responsible for accounting and reporting functions with a focus on Lumber Sales and Distribution.
This role requires a curious mindset to learn the end-to-end flow of lumber finished goods from the mills to the customers, and a growth mindset to drive process improvement by utilizing and enhancing the accounting and reporting functionalities provided through the ERP platform.
In learning the end-to-end flow of lumber products, the Financial Accountant will work closely with Lumber Sales and Supply Chain and will become an expert in the lumber sales and distribution process.this role will work in collaboration with other functional teams to leverage the ERP platform and will gain a detailed understanding of the system flow as well as the physical flow of lumber. This role will also have the opportunity to contribute to analyses of profitability and working capital in partnership with the Business Analytics team.
Sales Accounting and Reporting
- Support the Manager and team in month-end sales accounting close and reporting, including all sub-ledgers and ledgers associated with sales offices in Canada, US, Japan and China
- Reconciliation of global sub-ledgers for AR, Inventory, Freight Accrual and Payable (Canada & US) with multi-legs of freight accrued from mills to customers
- Manage customer rebate programs for lumber and engineered wood products for Canada and the US; with timely distributions
- Confirm inter and intra company balancing across the sales organizations
- Obtain a detailed understanding of end to end business processes and system flow of such processes; ability to trouble shoot when necessary
- Obtain a detailed understanding of pricing related setups in JDEdwards and the concepts deployed for pricing lumber and EWP products, transfer pricing, allocation of overhead costs, distribution of freight costs
- Preparation and review of monthly report packages for Lumber Sales and Distribution
- Provide support to the business analytics team in identifying business opportunities to enhance margins and reduce working capital
- Perform adhoc tasks to support a variety of requests from the business and from Corporate
System Enhancement & Business Transformation
- Support system enhancement by participating in the testing and providing feedback in the areas related to the accounting of revenue and expenses
- Streamline processes, improve documentation of standard work and collaborate with cross-functional teams to achieve continuous improvement
- Support the initiatives to enhance existing processes by leverage existing technology
Required Skills & Education:
Education & Experience
- Accounting designation (CPA/CA) and related business courses
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting roles, preferably within the forestry industry or a related operations / manufacturing environment
- A strong understanding of IFRS and Public Company reporting requirements an asset
- Experience working with ERP systems and BI tools; experience with JDE and other oracle systems is an asset
- Advanced computer and MS Excel and other MS Office application skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Detail oriented, analytical, highly motivated, and a self-starter
- Strong team player and relentless work ethic
- Leads and manages month-end close process and is accountable for accuracy & reliability
- Ability to apply the appropriate tools and systems to find, extract and analyze required data
- Strong understanding of end to end business processes and principles of financial process controls and risk management
- Understanding of external reporting requirements, standards, and policies
- Understanding of relevant legal, regulatory and compliance issues
- Ability to adapt to changes in current policies and processes due to new guidelines
All qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their applications no later than 4:00pm PST on February 1st, 2021.
At Canfor, diversity means understanding, recognizing and valuing the differences that make each person unique. We see inclusion and diversity as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, innovation and competitive advantage. We strive for a fair and equitable recruitment process, where hiring decisions are based on the individual qualifications and experience of each applicant.
We are not your run of the mill forest products company, join us and find out why. #canfortalent
The city of Vancouver is both a natural beauty and a progressive urban centre, a rare place on earth that is idyllic and electric all at once. With one of Canada’s mildest climates, Vancouver is ideally suited for those devoted to outdoor pursuits, health and wellness. Along with its endless supply of fresh air and clean water, Vancouver also boasts countless choices for culturally diverse, world-class cuisine and an inventory of arts and entertainment events. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/vancouver
- Address 100 -1700 W 75th Ave, Vancouver, BC, Canada