Improve lives. Love your job. Grow your career.
At LifeLabs, our vision is to build a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 382 collection centres, 16 laboratories and service over 20 million patients each year.
Being caring, agile, customer focused and collaborative are the values we live every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers. With over 5,700 employees, we all make a difference and that’s why our people are so important to us.
Are you ready to be part of a meaningful journey and be part of our team?
This is an exciting time to join our LifeLabs team and grow your career with us and support numerous business initiatives, innovations, best practice and business development opportunities. LifeLabs is currently looking for Front Desk Assistants to join our team in Vancouver, BC.
As a Front Desk Assistant you will be responsible for greeting patients, providing exceptional customer service and demonstrating strong administrative skills. You will be a LifeLabs brand ambassador in our Patient Service Centers, demonstrating the important service LifeLabs provides to the community while maintaining our established reputation.
This is a Part Time Regular Float opportunity for someone to join our team immediately for a twelve (12) month contract, working anywhere from 20 to 37.5 hours weekly. This role is suitable for an individual with a flexible schedule and includes the opportunity to pick up additional shifts at other LifeLabs locations.
In this role you will:
- Provide exceptional patient service and handle all front desk administrative duties in the Patient Service Centres.
- Greet all patients upon arrival at the Patient Service Centre by anticipating their needs and services required.
- Register patients into the Queue system and coordinates all pre-booked appointments.
- Assesses all patient requisitions for accuracy by checking for requirements such as speciality tests, private pay tests, and fasting requirements.
- Accept all drop off specimens and follows rejection criteria. If sample is not suitable then re-accessions and provides patient with a new specimen kit.
- Perform other related administrative duties as required (i.e. stocking supplies, filing, retrieving telephone messages, waiting room management).
We are looking for candidates who have:
- High School graduation or equivalent standing.
- Completed a medical office assistant and/or related health care program is preferred.
- Experience working in an administrative and customer service role.
- Ability to keyboard at 45 words per minute.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to utilize a variety of computer software applications.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively relate to patients and health care providers.
- Be available to work various shifts Monday through Sunday.
Ready to make a difference? Apply today!
As a caring and customer driven organization, LifeLabs is committed to providing inclusive, barrier free services and workplaces. We will accommodate the accessibility needs of individuals with disabilities during the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please advise the Recruiter who contacts you and we will work with you to meet your needs.
LifeLabs has operated in Canada for more than 50 years. It is a leading provider of laboratory testing and management services, contributing to the treatment and prevention of disease by enabling healthcare providers to operate more efficiently and effectively. LifeLabs provides more than 100 million diagnostic tests for approximately 19 million patients visits annually. Information from these tests plays a vital role in predicting, diagnosing, treating and monitoring disease. LifeLabs operates the largest community medical laboratory network in Canada, together with our hospital and healthcare partners. LifeLabs also partners with healthcare providers to build a healthier Canada by transforming and managing laboratory organizations to better meet the complex healthcare challenges of today and tomorrow.
- Image Gallery