GoBoogie Games is a PC and Mobile Games Publisher based in Vancouver, Canada and Seoul, Korea. Established in 2017 by a group of industry experts and passionate gamers, the company aims to bring fun and immersive games to the global market.
A Game Operations Product Manager will oversee and maintain the way in which Goboogie Games operates the day-to-day live operations of MMO games. The ideal candidate should have a passion for MMORPG games and he/she should possess a positive and proactive attitude and be able to thrive in a startup environment. The Product Manager is a highly cross functional role that must possess strong organizational and project management skills to monitor workflow within a team environment and ensure that deadlines are met. The Product Manager must communicate with management and developers regarding issues and make recommendations for solutions to ensure client expectations are met. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter passionate marketer eager to get results.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Serve as central product management contact for the Vancouver office liaison to respective counterpart in the Goboogie Games Seoul office and development partners.
– Create, update and maintain procedures for the Live Operations team for optimal delivery of excellent service to players
– Closely monitor workflow progress and communicate action items to all necessary stakeholders.
– Analyze KPI to project future performance and respond accordingly.
– Prepare news announcements, create player reports, and other documentation.
– Create and/or modify a revenue model for games.
– Spearhead project plans that outline benefits for all process, tool and customer service improvement projects, including game content updates.
– Work with others to support marketing strategies, communication plans, and brand development.
– Fluency in German – Native Level
– Excellent writing skills in English
– Ability to multi‑task in a fast-paced environment
– Strong word processing and other computer skills.
– Strong project planning skills
– Ability to analyze a variety of inputs and identify marketing trends
– Proven management and people skills to operate a strong, engaged and motivated team.
Education / Experience
– 2+ years of experience managing online game operations (preferred)
– 1+ year of experience in managing online communities (preferred)
– Post-secondary education in a relevant field or equivalent experience
All Potential and Interested Candidates are to Apply by emailing their cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.