Open up to the Possibilities!
At Purolator, you’ll be proud knowing you’re working for a Canadian company that truly values its employees. And it’s community. This is an exciting and evolving industry and we’re leading the change as we strive to deliver the future. Here you will be empowered to help move the business forward. Each and every day. Are you open to the possibilities?
- Reporting to the Assistant Regional Fleet Manager, Western Canada, the Garage Foreman leads a team of licensed Heavy Duty and Light Duty Mechanics in Richmond, and Port Moody
- Supporting Operations by providing safe, efficient, operating vehicles;
- Controlling quality, cost and performance;
- Maintaining accurate inventory on all vehicles assigned to this location;
- Promoting employee communication, involvement and development.
- Schedule repairs in garage
- Review Preventive Maintenance lists and assure on time servicing
- Generate R.W.O. from WEB Fleet Assistance (Computer System)
- Maintain high productivity of mechanics
- Supervise repair process and consult with mechanics on best practices
- Diagnose repairs
- Maintain low level of vehicles out of service
- Exemplifies and consistently demonstrates our core competencies of communication, innovation, change management, relationship building and leadership
- A hands on leader who enjoys spending time on the shop floor training and mentoring mechanics
- Previous experience running a shop: work flow, available hours, parts, ect.
- Previous supervisory experience is an asset
- Demonstrated experience in creating a positive work environment to build employee loyalty and a team atmosphere;
- Champion of employee involvement in the workplace;
- Licensed Mechanic- truck and trailer
- Computer technology skills
- Diagnostic skills
- Driving and vehicle performance skills
- Competitive compensation
- Development opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits including extended health and dental, employer pension contributions, group RRSP, and employee shares
Location: Richmond, BC
Working Conditions: Office Environment; Warehouse Environment
Reports to: Regional Fleet Manager
Purolator is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Indigenous status or any other factors considered discriminatory. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We recognize that our employees and their families are key stakeholders. We will only be successful as a business if we provide our employees with a safe and healthy workplace and we have the right people in the right roles with the support they need to succeed. We hire for attitude and train for skills. To learn more about us and our values, go to www.purolator.com.
At Purolator, every day is an opportunity for our employees to connect with one another and with our customers to help make a positive impact in the communities where we live, work and play.
- Image Gallery