At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 350 collection centres, 16 laboratories and service over 20 million patients each year.
Caring, Agile, Customer Driven, One Team – We live our values every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers. With over 5,700 employees, we all make a difference and that’s why our people are so important to us.
This is an exciting time to join our LifeLabs team, grow your career with us and support numerous business initiatives, innovations, best practice and business development opportunities.
LifeLabs BC is seeking a General or Clinical Pathologist to join our medical scientific staff. The practice covers all of BC with most of the work concentrated in the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island.
We are specifically looking for a pathologist to provide medical and scientific leadership in the areas of Clinical Chemistry and Hematology at our Vancouver Island testing facility located in Victoria. Microbiology experience will be an asset. Occasional travel to other sites in BC may also be required.
This position will be available in October, 2020.
- Consult with physicians and other health care providers regarding appropriate selection and interpretation of laboratory tests for their patients.
- Interpret and report the results of hematology tests, including complete blood counts & peripheral blood smears, coagulation panels, hemoglobin electrophoresis and molecular tests for thalassemia.
- Interpret and report the results of selected chemistry tests, including protein electrophoresis, allergy testing, trace metals and toxicology.
- Provide leadership in the evaluation, implementation and support of new technologies.
- Act as an internal resource for medical scientific, technologist and support staff.
- Collaborate with medical, operational and regulatory affairs staff to support quality improvement and maintain accreditation standards.
- Work closely with external partners, such as health authorities and the BC Lab Agency, to ensure quality of service within the larger health landscape of BC.
- Participate in academic and/or administrative committees, where appropriate.
Qualifications and Skills:
- MD with certification in General Pathology from the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons or certification in Clinical Pathology from the American Board of Pathology. Candidates with equivalent training and certification will be considered.
- Prior experience in a multidisciplinary laboratory is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Common sense approach to problem solving.
- Leadership skills and ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Project management capabilities would be an asset.
- CAD Month
- Image Gallery