Location: various including Highland Valley Copper, Red Dog, and other sites
Closing Date: March 31, 2021
We are currently seeking individuals for the role of Geologist for the 2021 Field Season.
These openings are seasonal, varying in term from 2 – 9 months and typically begin in April.
Reporting to the Senior Geologist, Senior Project Geologist, or Project Geologist, the Geologist is the first level of Field Exploration, responsible for conducting the search for mineral deposits by planning, administering and executing effective programs. Primary responsibilities are to investigate, interpret, analyze, and test data. These positions are focused on early-stage through to near-mine copper and zinc projects.
- Be a Courageous Safety Leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures;
- Contribute to exploration project initiatives, leveraging the successful candidate’s skills and experiences, including:
- Conduct and collect geochemical sampling, log core, and organize data;
- Contribute to the planning of projects by collecting and interpreting field observations and suggesting possible future action steps; and
- Communicate with supervisors on a regular basis and report all material exploration results on a timely basis.
- Promote a safety culture by ensuring that proper safety practices are followed in accordance with Teck’s health and safety policies.
- Completion of a post-secondary geoscience degree is required, some field or academic project work would be beneficial;
- Good observational, critical thinking, data analysis, and problem solving skills;
- A results-focused attitude and strong time management skills;
- A team player with a collaborative approach;
- Ability to work in remote or challenging physical environments, including hiking in undeveloped terrain with gear;
- Able to work a rotation schedule and live onsite in a remote camp environment;
- English language – fluent spoken and written English language skills required;
- Eligibility to work in Canada and/or the United States is required; and
- Eligibility for enrollment as a Professional Geoscientist is required.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK. Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.
- Address 550 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada