Wage & Pay Grade: $23.89/hr
Date Posted: January 8, 2020
Who we are…
The Pacific National Exhibition is an iconic institution in BC, famous for bringing generations of people together to celebrate and build memories. This110-year-old, non-profit organization has an annual operating budget of $48 million dollars and generates revenue through three activity streams: the 15 day annual summer Fair which averages 800,000 guests each year, Playland amusement park which welcomes 375,000 guests annually including Fright Nights, year-round events including concerts, trade shows and film, cultural and community events. The PNE is proud of the work it does at Hastings Park and has a vibrant team that is passionate about events, guest experience and being the best we can be.
At the PNE, we strive to create an environment that reflects our organization’s core values: Enthusiasm, Excellence and Evolution. With a focus on these core values, we are committed to achieving our mission which is to “Deliver Memorable Experiences” for all who interact with the PNE whether it is our guests, our employees or the community.
As part of the Sales and Marketing team, the Group Sales Representative will administrate the PNE’s group sales bookings across Playland, Playland Nights, the Fair, Fright Night and Year Round Events. Our ideal candidate is someone who is highly organized and guest focused, who is able provide the best service to our external clients and staff.
Why join our Team?
- Exhilarating and fun-loving culture
- Flexible work environment
- Be a part of the growth of one of Vancouver’s most iconic institutions
- Join a diverse, passionate and enthusiastic team
- Ranked in the top 15 as one of BC’s most loved brands – BC Business 2017 & 2018
What will you do this year?
In conjunction with the Assistant Manager, Group Sales, the duties for this position include but are not limited to:
- Develop new business through sales prospecting, cold calling and referrals.
- Maintain superior knowledge of relevant PNE events and group sales offerings.
- Maintain a large database of approximately 2500 clients and update customer database with information from generated leads.
- Assist with the administration and execution of a number of Group Sales programs including, Amusement Park Science Days, School Year End Parties Birthday Parties, miscellaneous groups and online ticketing.
- Manage Group Sales inquiries via telephone email & fax.
- Prepare letters, reports, deposit requests and special event contracts as required.
- Assist with training Sales Associate on department procedures and processes.
- Maintain client confidentiality for client records and files.
- Perform and assist with other related duties and tasks as required by Department Manager.
- Must have successful completion of Grade 12.
- 1 or 2 years Business Administrative Certification, Hospitality program or any other relevant discipline OR; an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have 2 years of experience in sales, telemarketing and/or customer service.
- Must have previous work experience in an administrative capacity within an office setting.
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient with Microsoft Office;
- Must have experience cold calling and/or prospecting for new clients.
- Excellent communications & interpersonal skills to establish working relationships with clients and encourage repeat business
- Superior time management and multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to provide timely and high quality service to clients while managing a diverse workload
- Previous experience supervising or training is considered an asset.
Who are you?
- Committed to striving for excellence
- Creative and collaborative team player
Where and when to APPLY?
Applications can be submitted via the PNE website at www.pne.ca/jobs and will be accepted until the role is filled.
Preference will be given to candidates who submit their resume/cover letter before Sunday, January 26. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Compensation $23.89/hr CAD $23.89/hr Month
- Address 2901 E Hastings St, Vancouver, British Columbia V5K 5J1, Canada