Hampton Hotel is a lively program that houses individuals in the Downtown Eastside who may have mental health, addictions and/or physical challenges.
POSTING NUMBER: 2019-17
POSITION: Housekeeper, Regular Full Time
UNION: HEU – Community Subsector Association
PROGRAM: Hampton Hotel, Vancouver
SALARY RANGE: Grid 7: $18.87 – $20.83
HOURS OF PAY: 37.50 hours per week
SCHEDULE: Monday to Friday: 1400 hrs – 2200 hrs
START DATE: ASAP
All candidates subject to a criminal records search.
Qualifications and job description attached.
Please indicate posting number 2019-17 when sending applications and resumes to email@example.com
Applications no later than 4 p.m. Monday, May 27, 2019.
** Days and hours of work may change.
At MPA Society, the unique capabilities and talents of our employees are our greatest asset. We believe that a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace culture enhance our ability to work in partnership with the diverse communities and people we serve. MPA Society hires on the basis of merit, and we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Job Description – Housekeeper
Position: Hampton Housekeeper
Grid Level: 7
Collective Agreement: Community Subsector Association
Reports To: Program Coordinator, Hampton Hotel
The Hampton Housekeeper is responsible for the physical cleanliness and upkeep of the Hampton rooms and common areas. Performs housekeeping duties such as sweeping, mopping floors, vacuuming, dusting, laundry, light maintenance, and washing walls, windows and ceilings. Though working independently he/she must be able to develop and maintain a good working relationship with the other MPA staff at this worksite.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Change sheets and linen according to a predetermined weekly schedule.
- Maintain inventory control of the linen and janitorial supplies.
- Purchase janitorial supplies.
- Monitor garbage disposal in rooms and common areas.
- Clean bathrooms – floors, sinks, toilets, shower stalls, walls.
- Refill toilet and bath supplies as necessary.
- Sweep and mop hallways and common areas.
- Monitor and perform ongoing pest control.
- Launder unusually soiled linens.
- Monitor cleanliness of rooms and do monthly room checks; report problem tenants to Hampton mental health workers for follow up.
- Perform semi-annual strip and waxing of floors.
- Monitor residents currently on T.E.P. program performing cleaning tasks.
- Perform back up assistance to Hampton staff in emergency situations.
- Clean and set up vacated rooms.
- Replace light bulbs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12
- Building Service Workers Certificate.
- Certificates in CPR, First Aid, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, or other qualifications determined to be reasonable and relevant to the level of work.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to organize work.
- Address Vancouver, BC, Canada
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!