Requisition ID: 26182
Job Category: Human Resources
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Hatch is seeking a Human Resources (HR) Advisor to join our team. This position is based in our Vancouver office. Reporting to the Director Human Resources, the HR Advisor will be responsible for a range of duties supporting our Vancouver and project office managers and employees in collaboration with the regional HR team. The HR Advisor will be the HR representative to all lines of business in the Vancouver office which may include project staff. The ideal candidate will be a generalist with strong recruitment experience and strong business sense which allows them to anticipate, understand and provide business solutions in areas such as: staffing/recruitment, employee relations, compensation, disability management and other key areas of HR. The HR Advisor will accomplish these goals by undertaking the following responsibilities:
- Partner with assigned internal client groups to provide HR coaching and guidance to business and technical managers and supervisors.
- Work closely with management team to report on key HR performance indicators such as career development, leave and time management, recruitment, etc.
- Be primary point of contact between employees and their business unit managers on all HR-related issues.
- Prepare human resources documentation and perform HR administrative tasks.
- Liaise with benefits team to provide advice with regards to health/dental benefits, pension, leaves (maternity, parental, STD/LTD, etc.) and retirement.
- Employee onboarding, orientation and development.
- Work closely with mobility team, on domestic and international assignment, transfers and relocations.
- With support from internal and external recruitment resources, responsible for full-cycle recruitment for all levels of staff: management, professional, technical and administrative.
- High energy, team player, with a minimum 5 years of work experience in HR required. CHRP/CHRL preferred.
- High level of computer proficiency in MS Office suite and HRIS. Strong working knowledge of SuccessFactors an asset.
- Ability to work effectively in a heavily matrixed organization.
- Strong knowledge of HR regulations, practices and labour market in British Columbia.
- Demonstrated ability to provide practical recommendations to solve issues related to HR regulations, laws and policies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in change management.
- Ability to develop and implement HR initiatives.
- Effective oral, written and listening communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- High attention to detail and accuracy in all areas of work.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
- Address 1066 W Hastings St Suite 400, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery