Why you should work with us
At BCLC, we believe that our people are what makes us amazing so we are committed to our people. We have a culture of fun and hard work – it’s not unusual to see teams eating together at lunch in the cafeteria or heading outside for a walking meeting. We continue to have a highly engaged team and we’ve been named one of BC’s Top 50 Employers for over 10 years. Here are a few reasons why it’s great to be part of the team:
- Flexible work hours
- Robust wellness program with free onsite yoga, bootcamp, running club and more
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid Flexible Health and Dental plan for you and your family
- Defined Benefit Pension Program
- Leadership and professional development programs
Why our Kamloops office rocks
The City of Kamloops offers a relaxed lifestyle with an abundance of recreational opportunities and a close-knit community of welcoming people. It has been home to the BCLC head office since 1985 and features:
- A subsidized cafeteria with healthy and delicious food choices
- Free gym
- Free parking and easy access to transit
- Close proximity to parks, trails and other recreation amenities
The Human Resources Business Partner, Organizational Design, proactively provides senior internal HR consulting to designated business unit(s) in all areas of the employment life cycle. The position will provide expertise and advice in the area of Organizational Design that will enable BCLC to realign structures, processes, skills and employees, in order to fulfill its strategy, mission and goals. The role guides, develops and implements strategic and tactical HR initiatives aligned to business objectives. This role is responsible for resolving complex human resources issues and uses innovative thinking in researching, analyzing and preparing recommendations relevant to HR initiatives and programs.
- Partners with assigned business unit(s) leadership in order to address workforce issues and to optimize talent, structure, process and culture to drive business results. Develops short and long term people strategies and solutions designed to increase organizational performance and efficiency.
- Develops frameworks and oversees implementation of Organizational Design projects in areas such as organizational structure and policies, systems and processes, to enhance efficiency across the organization.
- Partners with multi-discipline teams to assess current processes and structures and make recommendations. Consults and advises in the area of organizational development, and ensures organizational structures are appropriate to support the achievement of strategies and goals.
- Assesses and provides guidance on diverse, complex and broad issues from an organizational perspective.
- Provides consultative support and “hands on” service to the assigned business unit(s) covering all HR related areas such as performance management, employee relations issues including discipline and termination, policy interpretation and best practices, employee complaints, conflict resolution and mediation and investigations. Ensures fair and consistent treatment across the organization.
- Coaches senior leaders in the implementation of key HR initiatives including engagement, promotions, and talent review/succession planning programs.
- Provides guidance and interpretation of statutory laws, regulations and standards (for example Employment Standards Act).
- Executes the strategic direction of HR, including implementation of value added HR processes that support business goals and objectives.
- Leads change throughout the organization. Recommends, develops and implements improved processes and procedures for HR programs in order to satisfy legal requirements, cost containment initiatives, and creation of a work environment consistent with BCLC’s goals and values. Assesses risk and impact of risk and provides recommendations to reduce risk/protect BCLC.
- Partners with other HR centers of expertise (COE) and internal resources to execute enterprise wide HR initiatives and client specific programs. Implements HR programs effectively; aligning programs and outcomes with business and HR strategy.
- Utilizes quantitative and qualitative data derived from HR metrics and analytics to identify and assess emerging trends and advises on the potential impacts to the business; develops proactive actions to further support the business objectives and/or people strategy
- Continually builds on knowledge of the company and develops overall business acumen that allows for the development and implementation of innovative concepts, new ideas and a strong culture.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- Degree or Diploma in a related discipline supplemented by industry recognized professional courses.
- CHRP or equivalent designation;
- 4-6 years recent, related professional experience in Human Resources, including experience in organizational design and business transformation in a medium to large-sized organization.”
- Demonstrated experience leading process improvement and change management initiatives;
- BC Public Sector experience coupled with supervisory/leadership experience will be considered an asset;
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Exceptional leadership, communication, negotiation and influencing techniques;
- Experienced using organizational design principles and techniques to build and deliver on business objectives;
- Pragmatic and principled individual with ability to focus on the right balance between operational excellence and employee development;
- Savvy in political and organizational dynamics and realities;
- Highly skilled in execution and results-oriented environments.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong and trusting relationships with executive, managers, employees and peers;
- Skilled in conducting needs assessments through interviews, focus groups or informal one to one conversations to understand goals and challenges in order to implement solutions;
- Extensive knowledge of principles and practices of human resources;
- Individual that is learning agile and can deal with ambiguity, while operating within the guidelines of an HR strategy and goals of the business operations;
- Individual who has strong problem solving skills and can see past the symptoms to get to the real root of the problem;
- Excellent organizational and planning skills preferably with project management experience.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment;
- Believes in continuous improvement and driven to question and improve processes, systems, and practices as appropriate;
- Strong ability to maintain confidentiality; possesses diplomacy and tact;
- Solid knowledge of MS Office Suite and preferably experienced using Success Factors or SAP.
Please Note: This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Please Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Address 74 Seymour St W, Kamloops, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery