At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 350 collection centres, 21 laboratories and service over 19 million patients each year.
Caring, Agile, Customer Driven, One Team – We live our values every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers. With over 5,000 employees, we all make a difference and that’s why our people are so important to us.
This is an exciting time to join our LifeLabs team, grow your career with us and support numerous business initiatives, innovations, best practice and business development opportunities.
The HR Consultant will be part of a team that supports the implementation of HR Policies, programs and practices. As the HR consultant you will help contribute to the health of our communities and enable managers and employees to achieve their business objectives and sustain an engaged workforce.
This role will be located at 360 Gilmore Way, Burnaby and local travel is required.
- Provide day to day consulting support to managers and employees in both non-union and unionized client groups to assist them in achieving business goals and objectives
- Provide coaching and guidance to client groups to assist in resolving employee relations/labor relations issues including consistent interpretation and application of policies, programs and the collective agreement
- Monitor changes in the regulatory environment and recommend revisions to ensure policies and programs meet changing requirements
- Assist with implementing and maintaining national HR programs and processes in the areas of talent and succession planning, performance management, organizational design, harassment, attendance management, HR policies, orientation, employment equity, employee engagement
- Research/gather and analyze data and provide recommendations to support program and policy design or enhancements
- Assist managers and employees to effectively apply HR policies and programs to ensure consistency in interpretation and application
- Participate in implementing organizational change initiatives and participate on cross function teams and projects as required
- Monitor, track and summarize HR metrics for KPI dashboard including collecting and analyzing data for trends and providing recommendations
- Act as a resource to support disability management activities
- Assist with educating leadership teams on effective performance management practices
- Partner with HR Manager to investigate and report on allegations of harassment, discrimination and violence in the workplace
- University degree or college diploma in Human Resources
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years progressive HR Generalist and Labour relations experience
- Understanding of HR governance, legislation and regulatory environment in order to identify issues and appropriately consult with managers and employees
- Demonstrated business acumen and consulting skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (VLookup, Pivot Tables, etc.)
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and resourceful
- Strong leadership, coaching, facilitation skills
- Image Gallery