Requisition ID: 31781
Job Category: Engineering
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career?
Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Hydrotechnical Engineering EIT to join our Dynamic Earth Solutions group, supporting the Hydrotechnical team in Vancouver, BC.
Our Dynamic Earth Solutions (DES) group forms an integrated core that provides clients with outstanding project execution through our geotechnical, hydrotechnical, and civil site development expertise. From concept to operation, we’re committed to providing traditional services alongside proprietary technologies and innovative thinking to deliver custom, cost-effective solutions.
From studies, analysis, and design to construction supervision and monitoring, our DES group specializes in site planning, spatial information and digital terrain modelling, surface and subsurface investigations, rock mechanics, underground structures, geotechnical laboratory services, flood forecasting and water resource management.
Interested in being part of pursuing and developing new technologies, unlocking constraints, and bringing more value to our clients’ operations? Join our team today!
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Assist experienced engineers with technical analyses and designs related to Civil Engineering Hydraulics, Hydrology, and Water Resources Management and Planning.
- Data analysis, calculations and computer simulations using spreadsheets or discipline specific software packages.
- Field excursions as required.
- Report writing and/or presentation preparing and delivery
You bring to the role:
- Minimum Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Preference will be given to those with a Postgraduate Degree in Water Resources or equivalent
- 2-3 years of experience in hydraulic and hydrologic modelling/analysis would be an asset
- Potential to achieve professional engineer status
- Excel academically while being actively involved in extra-curricular and/or volunteer activities at school or in the community
- Dedicated team player with strong interpersonal, communication, analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to deal with competing priorities and manage time appropriately
- Experience with programs such as AutoCAD, Microsoft® desktop software including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project.
- Knowledge or experience in GIS applications and data management will be considered an asset
- Willingness and ability to travel to project sites including remote sites
Why join us?
- Develop innovation partnerships
- Think locally, work globally
- Engage with people who make a difference
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment.
- Long term career development
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
- CAD Month
- Address 1066 W Hastings St Suite 400, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery