|Position Title||Instructor/Project Manager/Program Developer|
|Others please specify||Instructor/Project Manager/Program Developer|
|Workload Amount||Minimum of 3 sections|
|Department||Community Development & Outreach|
|Location||North Vancouver, Off-Campus|
|Nature and Scope of Work||The CDO Department at Capilano University works in community partnerships throughout the Capilano region. Currently we have an opening for a Literacy Outreach Coordinator on the North Shore with possible Instructor/Program Manager work in adult literacy programs in the same region.
The successful applicant will work in a consultative manner with partner organizations in North Vancouver, B.C. to design and deliver Adult Literacy programing, develop literacy networks and build the capacity of the community to provide and sustain literacy programs and services. They will have experience working within an asset-based literacy framework and have a strong understanding of the principles of adult education with a Community Development approach. The position’s duties include writing proposals, interim and final reports.
Nature & Scope of Work
|Required Qualifications & Experience||• Master’s degree in a relevant field preferred, minimum of a Bachelor’s degree;
• Experience working in Adult Literacy with a Community Development and empowerment approach;
• Experience working with North Vancouver community partners;
• Adult literacy or upgrading teaching Experience;
• Experience managing community projects, writing research reports and project proposals , and building educational capacity in communities;
• Ability and desire to contribute to a creative and innovative team environment;
• Strong project management and development skills;
• Interpersonal skills which include conflict resolution, stress management and group process.
|Internal or External Position||External|
|Appointment Date (mm/dd/yyyy)||09/01/2019|
|Salary Scale||Faculty Scale|
- Address 2055 Purcell Way, North Vancouver, BC, Canada