Informed decision-making is at the heart of any successful company. As a member of Best Buy Canada’s Accounting and Finance Team, you’ll get to put your knowledge of best practices into practice and play a crucial role in helping to grow our business.
The Intermediate Accountant provides the business with accurate, adequately supported month end financial information in accordance with U.S. GAAP. The Intermediate Accountant performs various month-end procedures and produces reporting for submission to the US parent company for inclusion in external reporting.
As an Intermediate Accountant you will…
- Identify and retrieve complete and accurate data to prepare journal entries
- Perform routine analysis based on existing tools and templates to support Journal entries, variance analysis of income statement and balance sheet accounts and the completion of balance sheet account reconciliations in accordance with US GAAP and Enterprise Finance Policy to meet internal compliance requirements. Investigates and resolves any related discrepancies.
- Create reporting while considering decision maker needs and reporting objectives before building reports
- Design basic reconciliation templates and identify most efficient ways to extract data
- Provide solutions to business partner by making judgements/ decisions based on analysis of factual information
- Apply general knowledge of GAAP, practices and reporting guidelines
- Provide interpretation of relatively simple and routine transactions
- Maintain existing processes and templates with minimum modification to design and logic
We hope you are passionate about…
- Logic and analytical thinking – we’re largely a data driven company so consideration of all angles and viewpoints is vital
- Software systems – as a tech company we utilize a variety of software programs; existing knowledge of Oracle and RMS and an aptitude to learn is advantageous
- Having fun while being the best – we work hard but play harder
The experience we need…
- 2+ years full cycle accounting experience in a mid to large size organization
- 2+ years understanding controls, performing routine reconciliations and P&L variance analysis
- Intermediate MS Excel
- Familiarity with SQL
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Post Secondary Degree (in Accounting preferred)
- Second Year CPA Program
Best Buy Canada is proud to be a pre-approved CPA program route office (PPR). We are an excellent alternative to gaining the relevant experience you need traditionally offered by public accounting firms. In a PPR position, you will gain relevant experience in to meet the practical experience requirements within the CPA certification program. We offer formal CPA training and paid time to study and write exams.
- Address 8800 Glenlyon Pkwy, Burnaby, British Columbia V5J 5K3, Canada