At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 350 collection centres, 21 laboratories and service over 19 million patients each year.
Caring, Agile, Customer Driven, One Team – We live our values every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers. With over 5,000 employees, we all make a difference and that’s why our people are so important to us.
This is an exciting time to join our LifeLabs team, grow your career with us and support numerous business initiatives, innovations, best practice and business development opportunities.
As the Network Analyst you will be responsible for providing support, trouble shooting, monitoring and maintenance of a 7×24 Network environment. The Network Analyst is responsible for developing and maintaining strategic and tactical plans, providing consultation to ensure cost-effective and efficient LAN and WAN that will meet all facets of company business and client needs.
This is a one-year contract and is based at our Burnaby office located at 3680 Gilmore Way.
- Manage, troubleshoot and resolve internetwork communication problems on mission critical IP based networks
- Configure and support Cisco Data Networks – Wired and Wireless
- 2nd tier Customer support
- Monitor all areas of network infrastructure and provide solutions to problems
- Optimize network infrastructure to provide business continuity
- Conduct root cause investigations and meet established KPI’s for problem resolution.
- Thorough knowledge of advanced protocol/trace analysis, statistical analysis and performance analysis
- Develop and write network infrastructure support documentation
- Contribute to planning, designing, and developing local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization.
- Participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links while ensuring minimal network downtime.
- Diagnose, resolve, and document hardware and software network problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and support where required.
- Acts a primary liaison between equipment/maintenance vendors and IT for issues related to networks
- Assume additional duties as defined
- Bachelor’s Degree or Post-secondary diploma in related field
- A minimum of 3 years of related work experience
- Knowledge of and experience in LAN and WAN technology, engineering, design, vendor equipment, and carrier services
- Cisco network certification is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and possess good decision making skills
- Excellent team interaction skills with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Requires excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Image Gallery